Oh woe is jet lag.
But I'll survive and I've had a great holiday. In fact the only bad thing about it was it's ending. Which to most people isn't very unusual, as usually the only bad thing about it is the ending, but to me? I don't think I've ever had a holiday where the ending was the only bad thing that happened..But that's an entirely different rant and probably one I'll bitch about some other time.
I'm unfortunately back at work now, trying to sort out this, that and the next thing. I've come back to find out my job has been "remodeled" and that I'll soon be doing something I've always avoided, always refused to do, always turned down if ever the opportunity arose, even if I was poor. Reception. Yep, I've been delegated fucken reception.
And my choices are nil. I either lump it or leave, and with the state of employment here in Vancouver, I'm guessing choice number one is my best option, even if it makes me feel sad, angry and completely fucken used.
Nice return from a perfect holiday.
But enough of that, I'm sure you'll hear more on the subject some other time, after all it's not like me to give up the opportunity to have a good old rant about something so fucking stupid.
I'm going to do a Wanderlust, so over the next couple of days I'll be posting my holiday in three sections, cut into three separate blog entries; Paris, Villacidro and Liverpool. All will be extremely picture heavy, so those of you that insisted I take a lot of pictures, should be very pleased to find that I did, I really did.
In the meantime, I'll leave you with this video from our 2006 trip to Prague..
PS: How about a "Nice to be back" dinner of Thai? I've been craving it lately..