Conversing

converse
I love shoes. I really, really, really love shoes. Well, sneakers. I guess I would have to narrow that down to sneakers because the women that usually really, really, really love shoes, are the women that have millions of pairs high heels (or high hells in my books) or platforms or sexy leather boots (damn my fat calf curse!).

But sneakers are my thing, and in particular, my new (as in the past 2 years) found love and appreciation for Converse chucks.

Converse shoes aren't as prolific here in New Zealand as they are in say America, where you can pick up all the sweet and different colours, patterns and awesomeness. Here in New Zealand you'd be lucky to find some plain, boring black ones. Blah.

veryberrycon
I would really like some weird looking ones, with say kittehs on them or something cute like that. Or some outrageous neon green ones. They would be freakin' sweet! I'm still wanting those awesome clear glow in the darks too..

I currently only own 3 pairs of chucks, with another pair from dubious origins (I'll get to that).

suedecon
There is the brown suede pair, that the lovely Converse goddess (aka Noodles) gifted me on our trip to Seattle. They are spectacular, and unfortunately currently very dirty lol.

Then there's the pinky purple pair I picked up here in NZ, which have been getting a massive thrashing as of late.

purplecon
Then the new dark purple pair, that I purchased on Trade Me just last week. I'm wearing those today, and they're very comfortable.

And the pair with dubious origins. Well, I picked up a pair of hi tops from Trade Me, and I'm yet to decide whether they're actually genuine Converse shoes or not. I've searched and searched and searched online, looking for answers as to if these are genuine, but no suck luck. The reasons why I think they're possibly fakes are:

• The logo on the side (these are hi tops) is a sticker instead of the usual sewn in patch. The blue is a bit off too.
• The sole design is similar, but not exact. Where as all of my other soles are exactly the same pattern.
• The size is 6 and a 1/2, stating it as a womens size 8 US. I have another pair of genuine size 8 US shoes, and they say they're size 6 on the bottom. My genuine pair fit me great, these new ones, don't. They are uncomfortable in the toe area, and just don't feel quality.
• I haven't been able to find this colour/style online.
• There is slight yellowing on the around the edges of the sole, which makes me suspicious. I've never known Converse shoes to do this?

fakecons
So I don't know what to do. Are these fakes? How can I tell? What do I do? I'm so disappointed and annoyed, do I just report this girl to the TM police for selling fake items as genuine (someone else has accused her of this with some Puma shoes, in her feedback)? Or do I email her, saying that I think they're fakes and I want a refund? And if she doesn't comply, then go to TM?

What would you do?