I need answers



To all you canadians or good-learned people out there, whats with the 1 and 2 cents in this country? Okay, I'll explain.

Say you go into a store, buy a can of coke(70c) and a piece of cake (98c - yeah its cheap cake from last week or something). The total is $1.68 before tax. After tax the total is $1.89. So why do they charge you/tell you the total is $1.90? Now, I'm not asking this because I'm a tight ass that wants my cent worth of change, its more about, well, if they do this everytime, how much money to they make rounding up everybodys (or maybe its just meeee omg the world is out to get me) total? Everytime I go to the cafeteria at work, I get ripped off by a cent, and I'm just curious as to why they do it, because it seems a little strange to me.

Some other questions(+ whining):

1) Why do people say "excuse me" then stand there and wait for you to move, when you're not even in the way?
2) Is it really all that hard to keep water IN the hand basin, and not spilling over the sides of the bench?
3) I know drivers are just trying to be nice, but stopping for me if I'm waiting at the side of the road, waiting for YOU to turn, is kind of annoying. I feel rushed and annoyed if I'm made to run across the road because you were just trying to be "polite". So WHY?
4) Old man/Old woman: why do look hopefully at me on the bus (whilst seated) when there are plenty of good seats for you to sit in? THERE ARE LOTS OF SEATS MF, GET YOUR OWN!
5) What do they put in the pancake mix here, to make it taste so good?
6)Where is a good place to get photos from a digital camera, put on disk?

And lastly, a cryptic one;

7) Do you want to, and if yes, then why haven't you asked?