Inflammatory Remarks


I've been on the edge of wisdom lately, or atleast what I believe is wisdom, and since that's all that matters, I figured I better blog and tell you all about it, regardless of if you think its interesting or not. I may even contradict myself in places and be totally unreasonable when it comes to others opinions. C'est la vie!

Deep Question #1: Why are we here, what is this life all about? Is it just a series of bad and mildly amusing situations? Or is there more to it than that? Are we all really just spiraling coils of self-replicating DNA?

Deep Question #2: Is love really all you need? With recent events surrounding Sir Paul's bitter divorce to Old-One-Leg, many people think that truth can no longer be found within this song. BUT, to all those skeptics, I think there is something very important that you need to know; this song was actually written by John Lennon, and turns out, all he really needed was a bullet-proof vest. And if Yoko had been there at the time, I'm sure she would've provided herself as that vest. And why is that? Love of course. And what is all you need? Love. I have performed elusive research regarding this matter and come across well, nothing really, except that an astonishing 87% of the people believe that a most excellent way of telling someone you love them is by sitting on their face.

Deep Question #3: Is marriage an unsafe option? With the ratio of marriages to divorces being 2 to 1 these days, it is understandably a valid question. But ya know, if more people listened to Tom Jones, that stat wouldn't be so high now, would it? If we are to believe all the U.S. Census Bureau feeds us, with the lack of information we get from such "statistics", then hell! Nobody get married! It will all end in divorce court and nobody will be spared!

I'm not saying that the statistics, that are being brandished about online regarding marriages and divorces, are incorrect, rather that the information that is being fed to us, is of a very general point of view. So divorces are up, but what kind of people are getting married? Why are they getting divorced? Does it have anything to do with anybody else? My parents are divorced and both re-married, so golly, should I not get married? I don't have a problem with marriage, what I have a problem with is people. What, you get married after only knowing each other part-time for 2 months, then turn around, screaming at the universe, why oh why didn't work out? HELLO? YOU shouldn't even be allowed to get married, you stupid knob! Alot of people say that wah-wah, its all failing because of premarital sex, co-habitation and children before marriage, but really if people do want to get married, isn't it just laziness that causes people not to after such things? Isn't it just being comfortable as you are? The rise in divorces? Maybe its because a divorce, while still expensive, is relatively easy to obtain? Oh, not to mention that fact that its not as frowned upon as it used to be, hence one problem arises? "Oh hell, lets just get divorced! I can't be bothered working out this simple problem!" The widespread belief that a good marriage is based on good luck and romantic love? Pah. Try hard work and companionship. Not to mention dedication and commitment to not only each other, but also to the institute of marriage. A good marriage is not defined by whether or not you stay together, forever. It is defined by how you make it, when you have it. That is a good marriage, and if that good marriage happens to end in divorce, for whatever reason, then whose business is it, but your own?

Deep Question #4: Should you reproduce? I'll say one thing. The decision not to have children is as permanent a decision as deciding to have them. No pressure or anything, right? lol.

I think that's enough for today. I'll blog some more nonsense another day :)