Paraskevidekatriaphobia, anyone?

Friday the 13th, not only a series of bad movies, but also a day of superstition for many. Some people don't go into work, some don't bother driving, some don't even step a foot outside of their front door. Nutters? Maybe. Do I "believe" in it? Well, no, not really, but that's not to say I would buy several lottery tickets or even plan a special occasion on this date, but I most definitely don't believe there's anything unlucky or evil about it. The only problem I have with Friday the 13th is the fact that there are a lot of loopies out there, planning human sacrifices, devil worship ceremonies and worst of all, washing coloureds with their whites! GOOD LORD!

In all seriousness though, is there anybody out there that does have an irrational fear of Friday the 13th?

Brainy Smurf did tell me earlier this morning about a study he read on the interweb, by Dr. Simo Nayha from the University of Oulu (Finland), which states that the risk of women being killed in a traffic accident was 63% HIGHER on Friday the 13th compared with other Fridays. But then again, he is Finnish, and the Finnish are loopies (i.e. human sacrificers, devil worshippers and combined clothes cycle washers)***. Some believe its just the belief in the superstition that leads to anxious behaviour, thus more road accidents. Dr. Nayha himself had one theory that suggests that women may be more susceptible to superstitious behavior, in part because women in Finland are twice as likely as men to be diagnosed with mental disorders. So if you are a Paraskevidekatriaphobic female, for the love of god, please don't drive today. And if you're Finnish, well, good luck to you.

***No offence to the Finnish. I'm sure you're all lovely, friendly, knife wielding crazy fucken people.

A CRAZY EDIT: I think I should add that Brainy Smurf hates the Finnish because they banned his lover Donald Duck for refusing to wear trousers or thats atleast what Donald told Brainy, when infact, the Finnish didn't (Snopes.com). Donald just got tired of the endless counselling sessions where Brainy would deny cheating on him with Papa Smurf, even after Donald caught them at it (Shaggy wrote a song about it - It Wasn't Me).