The Door Into Christmas

Last night, in complete darkness, our bedroom door(to the lounge) opened. I told Bjorn to shut it, because I was sure that there was something on the other side of it that I didn't want to see or meet. I got out of bed and went to shut it myself, only to see a small red radio flyer (see picture) sitting in the doorway, along with a giant teddy bear (much like our long lost buddy Serv) I thought this was remarkable. A red bicycle? A giant teddy bear? So I walked through into the lounge, that had previously been pitch black and was now lit up and glowing, to see that it had been completely decorated for Christmas. There were those really old budget Warehouse decorations that we used to have as kids. There were Christmas crackers and candy canes and lots of presents under the tree. There was even a log fire and snow falling outside, while old Christmas movies played on the TV.

I felt happy and special because I knew that Bjorn had done all of this. Somehow. During the night. While I slept. With his magical elf powers. I wonder how good he is at mending shoes?

Then my alarm clock went off and I woke up to find myself lying in bed. Doh.

What the hell was that all about? Its not very often that I have a dream so vivid and remember it. Sure, last night I may have jumped the gun abit and started decorating our newly named "Christmas Corner" but surely it must take more than that to spawn such a dream?

The dream did begin with the feeling that it was going to be a horrible nightmare. I felt scared and I'm sure that I must've yelled out something in my sleep about it. But then it turned into this sweet dream, where there was Christmas and happiness and fun and bicycles.

I did have a look on an online dream dictionary and found that dreams of doors (particularly open doors) represent an opportunity worth exploring, a need to open yourself up to others, an invitation, something welcomed, feeling exposed or vulnerable, allowing others into your space, but at the time of seeing that open door, I felt NONE of those things, I felt terrified. Yet as soon as I saw what was on the other side, I felt much better. Do you think maybe it was a dream about how I need to open myself up to something because its not as bad as I think it is? *raises eyebrow*

Or perhaps it was just a very strange dream about bicycles, doors, teddy bears and Christmas.

Yeah, lets just go with that.