Here comes Santa Clause


It doesn't really feel like November does it? Can you believe that Christmas is only 41 days away? That's rhetorical btw. I miss my family and friends a lot around this time of year. I'd love to be at home, watching Mum freak out over food, watch Dad fall asleep at the table and see Jess and Josh wildly unwrap their presents. But alas, I won't be. This treat shall be saved for next year, where hopefully Bjorn and I will beable to spend time with both our families and then retreat back to our own house, for our own Christmas. I may even be lucky enough to get my parents to spend time together, in the same room, which I'm sure Mum is pleased to hear lol.

It's the most wonderful time of the year


Last year I went nuts on the present buying and decorations, and this year, I fear it won't be much different, infact, it may even be worse. For some reason, Christmas feels more important this year. Maybe its because we have a nicer apartment, maybe its because in Canada, it seems to be a grander affair. Maybe because there is the hope that it will be my first, and perhaps last, white Christmas. Or maybe its all just an excuse to go Christmas crazy again(see picture). There will be a few missing pieces to my happy Christmas, family being one. I wish I had the money to fly them all (mine AND Bjorn's family) over here to join us. As unrealistic as that is. I wish Belinda and Larry had made plans to come see us at Christmas, atleast that would've been possible, if it had been planned far in advance. I mean, you guys could still come right? lol I've even had a look on Flyzoom.com (the airline Bjorn and I took) it would only cost you a grand total of 1060.96GBP (for both of you, with taxes, fuel, etc incl) lol. That's not THAT bad for that time of year :) Your idea of visiting me for my birthday would be a bit silly, considering we'll be back in London in April/May. So come for Christmas! Hurrah!

Enough of the unrealistic expectations I guess. Atleast I have Bjorn, even if he does sneer and laugh at my crazy Christmas spirit :P