I've spent most of today reading ghost stories online and have managed to considerably freak myself out. Not that this is a mean feat or anything, since I'm a big fucken chicken-shit. All these stories got me thinking about all my experiences. I wouldn't say that I've ever really seen a ghost, but I have certainly felt them. It also got me thinking about all the things I'm afraid of, and have in turn, made a list;
∙ From a bad experience in London, I will be forever weary of mirrors. I refuse to look in (I say "in" because I dont think they're just an "at") a mirror for longer than a couple of minutes and I never ever concentrate on them. Some people can sit there pulling faces at themselves in mirrors, I refuse to do this and often avoid eye contact with myself.
∙ I don't use hand air dryers in public toilets because the noise they make terrifies me. I would rather walk around with wet hands, or even dry my hands on my clothes, then use one of those. I love bathrooms with paper towels or those sweet towel machines.
∙ I have nearly shat my pants on several occasions just from the sight of my own shadow.
∙ I will always sleep with the closet door shut, same goes for bedroom doors.
∙ If I have to wander around in the dark, I will be running from point A to point B. The dark =/= cool
∙ While most people are Arachnophobic, I am Mottephobic.
∙ I have a very rational (thank you very much!) fear of rocking chairs.
∙ Dolls are NOT cool. They are EVIL.
∙ And so are clowns.
∙ My mother used to have a sort of barbie like doll toilet paper cover (it had a big dress that covered the TP) that would sit on the top of the toilet tank. I would put it (or in many cases, throw it) out the door whenever I went to the toilet. The idea of a doll standing behind me, watching me on the shitter is not cool.
∙ I am terrified of the ocean. Even the sight of waves on the beach makes me feel panicky.
∙ My hatred of dolphins spawns from the fear of them and all over ocean wildlife.
∙ I freak out if I have to put my face under water (this even includes the shower)
∙ I get very anxious on public transport if its busy and I need to get out.
∙ There's a certain alarm, which I don't know the name of, that sends me into fits. They use it at fire stations in small towns back in NZ and I believe it is also the alarm they used during war times to warn of eminent enemy attacks (it makes a wering sound)
∙ For some reason, I have a problem when it comes to taking lollies, etc from people when they offer it. It makes me nervous and worried. I've never had bad experiences with it, and I don't think its about the don't take candy from strangers, since its even from people I know.
∙ I am claustrophobic. Masks at Halloween? You won't catch me in once unless its very open.
∙ I can't look at pictures of icebergs without my heart thumping a little bit faster.
∙ I don't look in or at the top of trees at night in the fear of seeing something I don't want to see.
There is always more..