Post-Teenage Mutant Ninja Geek

I am currently in a very good mood. After spending nearly 3 months here, being pushed into the background, I am finally being given opportunities to shine, and once in shine-mode, being giving appreciation and recognition. I like this.

Having being shifted from online component, after spending most of my time at EA there, I felt a bit stink. I felt like I had been just given the shaft after working hard and trying my best to herd those wild bugs. I've now come to find that my new team (core functionality team) not only has faith in my abilities but appreciates whatever help I can provide them. I like this.

But why am I so happy, you ask? This might sound very strange to those who don't know me, or maybe even to those that do. I'm just going to come out and say it. I get much pleasure and a sense of complete satisfaction from looking at code (understanding of the language is not required) If I enjoy a website, I will almost always look at the source, I can't help myself. Therefore, when my new manager ushered me to the forbidden realms of upstairs, handed me over to a very strange programmer, who then went on to show me some sweet C++, I almost peed my pants in excitement. He even walked me through it, showed me how this and that worked, where things went, what he had done wrong and then what he did to fix it! And to quote John Travolta in Broken Arrow, god damn what a rush!

I know you must be thinking I've pretty weird. But I must inform you that I can get far weirder than this. On the upside of all this weirdness you must be experiencing, you need to feel happy for me, because I have found that I do indeed have a highlight to working here. That being looking at C++ for short period of 20 mins.

But that's not that surprising now, is it?