Who let the Spelling out?

Now, you may all be wondering why I have a picture of Tori Spelling on my blog, but give me a minute to explain, there is a funny story behind it.

I was in Chapters yesterday, when I spotted this magazine. My eyes shot to the title "Modern Dog" then straight to Tori. I giggled. Tori Spelling, on the cover of a dog magazine, not very surprising. I glanced at the magazine again and finally caught sight of the small dog (a pug named Mimi LaRue, to be specific) sitting on her lap. I wouldn't say that I missed the dog because I was blind, but because it was an assumption that yes, Tori Spelling should indeed belong on a dog magazine, why would they need two dogs? But alas, there it was and it seems that this was about the dog, being a dog, and not Tori after all. But what gets me about this supposed "real dog" is the way it looks. Take a closer look at it, its funny looking isn't it?

My next thought jumped to "Wait a minute, isn't Tori Spelling expecting a child.."

Hmm, hereditary I presume.

Now Modern Dog is known for putting celebrities on the cover of their magazines with their precious pups. Take Paris Hilton for example. Another modern dog. Pamela Anderson has graced the cover of MD twice, which I thought was unusual, because I wouldn't have thought Pamela to be a dog at all, but then again, how much do we really know about celebrities? Maybe, deep down inside, she really is a modern dog? Regis and Kelly have also been on MD's covers, as have other little known celebrities with their mans-best-friends or should I say, woman's, since Regis was the only man present on any of the covers, and he was with Kelly anyway.

Which then leaves me with the burning question; are the producers of MD taking the piss out of these women? Imagine the editor putting forward an idea, the marketing and production manager delving into the impact and potential sales of said idea and agreeing it would be most excellent, the accountant confirming that yes, the company can afford said idea, the design and production manager putting together said idea, the printers printing said idea and then WHAM! You end up with a bunch of smug magazine-ists giggling at their sneaky plan of getting a celebrity to feature on the front cover of their dog magazine, making them think that its all about their dog, and not actually about them at all. Do they really care about the relationship these celebrities have with their dogs? I don't think so, I think its just a less obvious way of labeling these women as dogs. And in the case of Tori and Paris, rightly so.

So after all this speculation and rambling, you may be asking yourself two very important questions; 1) Why the fuck did I bother reading all this shit? and 2) What the fuck is wrong with Kass?

The answers, I'm afraid, you will have to figure out for yourself.

Until the next wave of madness hits, adieu.