The most exciting day ever...NOT!

I'm all pathetic and sick at the moment, glad to be inside, out of the crazy Vancouver rain (so THIS is Vancouver!) I feel like my face is three times its usual chubby self (yes, I know, I am puffing out my cheeks in that pic), which is enoooormous to me. Eating isn't much fun, since I can't really taste or smell anything, it sucks a lot, but shit happens.

I did venture out before to go to the supermarket for margarine and toilet paper, which wasn't much of a mission. I think the highlight of my day so far is scaring the crap out of a lady outside our apartment just by opening our front gate (it makes a high-pitched scraping sound on the concrete) You should have seen it, she almost fell into the neighbours mini bark garden, it was hilarious lol. I didn't even mean to do it!

I also received a large envelope in the mail today. It contained the following:

- Two NZ calendars
- A potato peeler
- A cute "Me to You" cellphone charm
- A short letter
- A long letter
- And this note on a piece of painted cardboard:



If you can't read that, it says: "Wild Thing, Colour of Loo". My strange father decided it would be interesting to send me a small painted piece of cardboard to show me the colour he recently painted his toilet (in his words, loo). The cellphone charm is very cute but I can't attach it to my phone (it doesn't have a place to attach one unfortunately) so I might just put it on my keychain or something. The calendars are nice, and I'm sure were a boxing day purchase (right dad? *grins*) I'm quite surprised about the potato peeler, but according to his "short letter" Belinda had asked for a couple so he thought it would be nice to send me one also.

Funnily enough, it was. Bjorn and I had just recently been talking about the potato peelers in NZ and how much better than are, and how we wished we could get one over here lol. It's quite uncanny.

As for the letters, well. I think this was pretty cheeky. Alison wrote me a three page letter (A4 size), which I thought was pretty cool actually. And Dad? Well, he decided he'd write me a quick note on a small piece of letter pad paper, only really consisting of a paragraph.

I was not impressed.

Infact, I was so not impressed that I have decided to write Alison a decent letter back, not addressing Dad at all. I will of course include a small piece of paper with a paragraph or two of updates for Dad. After all, if its apparently good enough for me, then surely it's good enough for him lol.

PS. Don't tell Dad.