May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be always at your back.

We all had plans of our own when it came to Canada. Bjorn and I arrived with the grand idea of living the great Canadian lifestyle of pizza slices, donuts and 7/11 slushies. Before we had even arrived in Canada, Gord had taken off on his great American roadtrip 2006 with our beloved Sarah (that dirty german/italian!) after working in Whistler for nearly a year, as a rental tech.

The plan was always to get a flat together in Vancouver, to work, to play, to share and that we did when September rolled around. Bjorn and I had been living in a hostel for the first couple of weeks, then a strange mess-infested flat, and then back to the hostel for a few more days before Bjorn found us all a superb flat just off Commercial Drive. Gordon was still living up the holiday lifestyle in Seattle with Sarah when we first moved in, arriving about a week later.

And now, just four months on, he's gone.

Due to HR departments, immigration laws and the lack of a work visa, Gord has had to leave us for the great beyond that we call the United Kingdom. Good luck and take care Gord! Our flat won't be the same without you!

And now for the crazy little rhyming ditty I wrote especially for you:
Gordie, Gordon, G of sorts
Now so deep within our thoughts
Your room it sits now dark and cold
Soon to be our very own meat hold
The empty corner of our flat
Will now forever be known as that
No more nights of random thoughts
Or crazy miniseries that FOR SOME REASON nobody ever remembers anyway, I mean wtf was that miniseries even about again?
Oops I think I fucked the rhyme
I promise to write you a better poem next time
But in the meanwhile, please knows this
You will definitely be sorely missed
So when your plane departs our northern shore
Think of us forever more
Lost in time and light and space
With this sad look upon our face

Good luck Gord!