I'm back like cooked crack

Being back home certainly is a strange experience, and one I'm not yet entirely use to.

I'm replaying all the 'horror' stories I've heard of boredom, the wearing-off-of-novelty, the quietness, the bad jobs, the bad money, the expensive house market. I'm replaying them and wondering if any of them will effect me, and if so, will I care?

Right now, being at home is enough for me. I don't want excitement if it means noise. I don't want even a good paying job if it means living practically on top of somebody else. I want peace. I want a home. I want my family and friends around me. I don't need an exciting central hub where there are bars that cater for any and everybody. I don't need a lot of money to be happy. I just need to be here with Bjorn.

Those 'horror' stories have just made me feel even more content in where I am, because I don't feel that way. I still think about them though, and I do think that my rose-tints will get a little dirty after a time, but I can always console myself in the fact that whilst they may get dirty, at least they won't get stolen by some drug addict or alcoholic in the street, or break to never be replaced because customer service doesn't exist ;)

London and Vancouver were great, and there will always be things I miss about both places, but never enough to go back for good, and never more than what I missed about Christchurch.

We arrived back on Friday, and the past four days have been great. From family surprises (screaming included!) to eating delicious New Zealand food, this has been great. I can't believe how friendly people are here, from asking how you are, and waiting for a reply to random people greeting you in the street, it's amazing.

Why did I ever leave?