Where the sun meets the sky

Oh hell, I'm tired. I'm also already quite bored with my layout, or at least the colours, but guess what? Don't really have time to pull off all-nighters on Photoshop anymore. My time these days seems best spent asleep, thanks to my new found employment.

Speaking of said employment, it's going well. I wasn't too sure the first couple of days (they're always the worst, aren't they?) but now that I'm actually digging in and getting shit on my boots, I'm quite pleased. It's no UBC, but it's still a fun and challenging place to work.

And besides, the money is good and we all love money right? :money:

We came back from the south of the south on Monday, and I must say, no matter how much I love it down there, I sure was happy to get back. I missed my babies and I missed our mattress on the floor - yes, you read right, we sleep on a mattress on the floor like a pair of dirty heroin addicts. Thankfully, there is no dead baby crawling on my ceiling.

Anyway, the southland. Wow. It was great seeing everyone again, but the weather, oh boy :rain: It rained most of the time we were there and was actually kind of chilly most days (and of course I didn't bring my water proof jacket OR my sweet red Vancouver coa t). The trip itself was pretty good. John had organised a place for us to stay, which was actually pretty nice and super cheap. Mara's 50th wasn't as eventful as I thought it would be due to Mara not really being able to drink, but I did get a super sore stomach from laughing too much (it was v painful the next day).

We spent Sunday and Sunday night in Queenstown, which was a nice change. Sweet shopping and bowling. Much fun.

Monday was home time, and of course we hit Cromwell on the way home, stocked up on fruit, and my arse hasn't forgiven me yet. Oi vey.

Then back to work yesterday, and yeah, here we are. Gordie and Bernie (aka Noodles aka Sarah) were in town, so we caught up with them last night for dinner and drinks. I was most pleased to hear today that they accepted a small flat in Merivale and will now be our Christchurch crazy-ppls-to-have-crazy-times-with! Yay! Much fun we shall have!

:gift: They also gave me my birthday presents early, which I shall take photos of and show ya'll. They are super cute/cool. I also got my birthday present from Mum & Kim tonight, which was this super duper awesome shitness of a makeup kit. It's so glorious. I want to wear all the colours at one time, thats how happy it makes me feel.

So yeah, that's it really. I have a feeling that March is going to be rather eventful, with money rolling in and a 21st next weekend, then my birthday, then a 30th the weekend after. Not to mention all the other mischief we will no doubt get up to :)

We shall see!