MIA: Word of Mouth #5 & Fuck Around Fridays #10

Let me just start off this entry with a statement; these past couple of weeks have been crazy. Work has been pretty busy with the start of Semester 2 rapidly approaching, people have been wanting to update, book, delete and I have been unable to blog.

It's a sad day when you can't take time out of your work day to faff around online, and blog. A sad day indeed. I don't have a computer at home either (yet! we're gonna build 'em soon!) so my online life has died a bit (tho I have been checking your blogs!).

So in begging for forgiveness, here are some Word of Mouth's and FAF's for your Tuesday (or Monday):

Word Of Mouth #5


Edible: Toasted Bagel with Cream Cheese and Banana
Okay, hold up, don't screw your face up like that! This bagel topping is delicious, and until you've tried it, your opinion doesn't count, so get your ass down to the supermarket, pick up some bagels (in NZ my fave are Abe's), some cream cheese and one delicious banana. Yum.

-----------------

Beverage: Starbucks Caramel Macchiato
The Starbucks Caramel Macchiato is not a traditional Macchiato. Don't go into Starbucks thinking you're going to get an espresso with a small amount of milk or foam on top, because this Macchiato ain't what that's all about. In saying that tho, don't go into other coffee shops, order a Macchiato, and then bitch and moan at the barista because she's given you the wrong drink, because in fact, she's actually given you exactly what you've asked for - I've seen rudeass people do this because they are totally uneducated when it comes to their god damn beverages. But enough of my ranting.

The Starbucks Caramel Macchiato is my favourite Starbucks beverage (along with the Frappes and Vanilla Latte!). I love it on cold mornings on the way to work, it makes my day. I'm not really a caramel fan, but the caramel sauce they use at Starbucks isn't really overpowering and doesn't have the sickly sweet caramel taste to it. It seems to blend in quite nicely with the coffee, so it just tastes like a super yummy drink. So next time you're at Starbucks, try one of these bad boys. They're delicious!

-----------------

Beauty: Blue Eyeliner
I love black eyeliner, even tho with my complexion I'm told I should wear brown (brown? Pah! how boring!) but just recently I tried out blue eyeliner and to my surprise, it was totally awesome. Wearing blue eyeliner creates a totally different look on my eyes (I teamed it with purple eyeshadow and my eyes really popped). The blue didn't stand out much, but it was definitely a noticeable difference to my look. I'll be rocking out the blue liner again sometime soon, and I highly recommend ya'll try the same. You never know what kind of look you can achieve with it until you try!

-----------------

Couch Potato: Bones
David Boreanaz? Hello! Huh-hum, let me explain before you all think I'm just watching it for the eye candy. Bones is a fantastic show, sure there are some very OTT stylings, but at least it's not as bad as the likes of CSI (yeah, way to point out the obvious David Caruso). I've been hooked since it first started. I've integrated it into my personal life and I am now looking at KFC bones differently (see those teeth marks! lol) No seriously tho, it's a great show. Try it out sometime.

-----------------

Cinema: You Don't Mess With the Zohan
This movie surprised me. I thought "Oh yeah, another disappointing Adam Sandler movie that only looks mildly funny in the previews" and guess what? I was wrong. The movie is actually FUNNY. The scenes they show in the previews don't do this movie justice. I think Adam Sandler has jumped back onto the funny-movie wagon that he previously fell off way back in 2002 (after Mr. Deeds). So welcome back Mr. Sandler!

-----------------

Fuck Around Fridays #10


Site: Healthy Food Guide
Category: Food Highway
Comment: This is a recipe mecca. The food is easy, usually fast and absolutely delicious. They have low fat, low gi, low cost, the low down lol. It's great. And if you live in NZ, they even break down the cost, and how much each serving should cost you. HFG also has other useful information and services on the website (like a meal planner and food diary), and if you're in NZ, you should also be familiar with the magazine they put out (which is also great, may I add!)

Site: Photoshop Disasters
Category: Entertainment
Comment: Spot the mistake in the advertisements, I love this blog.

Site: I want one of those - UK & I want that - NZ
Category: Online Shopping
Comment: I used to shop it up large at the UK store, they have some super awesome gadgets, as well as some really neat gift ideas. They deliver to the US, for all you American buyers. I've just recently come across an NZ version of this site that sells some of the same items we us Kiwi's don't miss out either! Yay!!

Site: Veggie Fling - Irregulargames.com
Category: Online Gaming
Comment: Another great game from IRRegularGames. Fling the veges!