In my dreams

I had a dream last night about a wardrobe door opening and shutting violently due to..a paranormal being (whatever you make of that lol). It was like slamming shut, then opening really fast, then slamming shut again, over and over. In my dream, it really pissed me off so I kept walking up to the door, and holding the door shut. It of course started all over again when I walked away. I even tried roping the doors together, but it somehow kept opening again. Then I got really pissed off and said "Stop it, or else" and a menacing voice responded "Or else what?"

Then I woke up, because quite frankly, I'd had strange and real nightmares before, but never had I had a voice speak to me so clearly.

So I was awake at 3am, a tad scared and confused as to WTF that dream was actually about. I thought it actually took place in my bedroom, but when I woke up this morning I realised that the doors were different. The whole layout of the place I was in was different, and not familiar to me at all.

Which in my books, is a bit concerning.

I have a history with such dreams, you know the ones, dreams that feel very real, and to be a complete weirdo, I don't write them off as "just dreams" like some people might.

I once had a dream set in the late 1600's, where I was in an orphanage, watching a very evil woman kill and then eat small children. Then once discovered, she locked them all in the house, and set it on fire. That dream was so real I could feel the heat coming off the house.

The most concerning part of that dream was, I wasn't sure who I was. Was I the lady, remembering or was I one of the children, suffering.

I've had a series of glimpses of a tall man in a dark cloak, who seems to enter my dreams (any dreams) at odd stages, like a threat. I can't find any reference, or as to where I may have conjured him up from, but he's there sometimes, and other times he's not.

But I'm glad for those, because at least I don't get night terrors, and "wake up" to find a hag sitting on my chest, hissing at me. I've had what I think are OBE's (Out of Body Experiences) and my sister and I used to dream together sometimes, but thankfully never a full night terror. They sound horrible!

If I have a bad dream about someone else, I'm sure to tell them of it. I don't think dreams are always just pictures of the mind. I do believe that sometimes they can mean more. But I'm a weirdo really, believing in ghosts, and demons, and aliens.

But I do have to wonder, do any of you suffer from "real" dreams, where when you wake you're often left wondering if that was real or not?