Having recently moved into a more challenging position at work, I find myself increasingly worried about things going wrong. I've had a few nightmares so far, that generally consist of servers falling over, departments being deleted, and a total meltdown or mistake on my part.
I'm also getting a bit anxious about the end of year crap I need to do before we shut down in December, which is deleting ports, and pointing things in different directions, and of course the general tidy up of everything. My first one, without any real guidance*
I really do enjoy my job, but I think I'd enjoy it more if I were a bit more confident in what I know. I know that if "disaster" did strike, I would have a good group of people to fall back on, but in the meantime, I fret and worry and hope for the best, because if the worst did occur, I would be in total n00b territory.
And with all this worrying, you're probably thinking, "well shut up and learn some shit, bitch!". Don't worry, I'm thinking that too. I really should get my a-into-g when it comes to fully learning the shit I should already know. But I'm a big time procrastinator, and will probably only ever learn this stuff when I absolutely have to.
Then again, I am a fast learner, so what am I so worried about? lol
Do you have work fear? Or is it just me?
* We are manager-less at the moment. Anybody looking for a job? lol