Christmas is by far my favourite holiday, with Halloween coming in second. I love the presents, and the food, and all the awesome Christmas carols, but my favourite part is the tree and the decorations. It seems the tree and the decorations is also a favourite for Nanaimo, Jemima and Aubrey, and whilst I love that my kittehs are getting into the Christmas spirit, I just wish they wouldn't decide that a) the tree is for climbing and b) the lights are for chewing.
Last night there was a stealth feline assault on our Christmas tree, which lead to branches being flattened, Christmas lights being nibbled, and ribbon being torn off the tree itself. And of course my reaction to all of this silliness was to throw a tantrum, pick up the Christmas tree, and then throw it into the spare room.
I don't deal well with this sort of thing, it seems lol.
So tonight I'm planning my own stealth attack. I plan to set up the Christmas tree again, but this time with kitteh booby traps. There shall be bells, and noisy decorations, citrus spray, cayenne pepper, and the presence of a soon-to-be purchased water bottle in my hand.
I dare say this won't deter them much, but I can try right?
And whilst I can throw tantrums about the Christmas tree, and complain about them "F!#$%!!!! RUINING CHRISTMAS!!" I'd rather have them destroy it, than not have them at all.
Yep, I'm a fucken sucker folks. Stay tuned, I'm sure there will be pictures.