-------------------------------------
Up until the age 13 I hated brushing my hair, so much did I hate it, that I just didn't do it. It was unruly and outrageous and I still cringe whenever I think of it.
I have naturally wavy/curl/bonjo* hair. Combine that with lots of it and fine hair, and it sucks, it really does. My hair isn't thick enough to actually curl nicely, so it looks like total shit if I don't style it in some way. But then I can't overstyle because I run the risk of having super flat unsexy hair.
And I hate that (does anybody love that?).
If you've been lucky/unlucky (not sure which it would be) enough to see my hair in it's natural state, you'll most likely a) be shocked b) laugh uncomfortably at the state of it or c) wonder who the fuck I am (oh right, it's Kass).
And for those of you that are mildly curious, I do have this very rare, bad quality (thank god) picture, which gives you a vague idea about the kind of hair I'm talking about (I would've been very popular in the 80's):

I also have the absolutely horrible curse of having "baby hair" on the front right of my hair. It curls, it's wispy, it's very fucken annoying.
So I blow dry and straighten (GHD's) my hair, or on a lazy day, I just blow dry then put it up. This routine can take me anywhere from 15minutes to 2hours, it all depends on how annoying my hair is being that day, or how fussy I am with it.
I'm currently loving Sunsilk's Anti-Flat, it works wonders and makes my hair nice, soft and big, without over doing it or clogging it up. I've tried other, more expensive, top of the line shampoos and conditioners, but to be honest, Sunsilk is way better and way cheaper than most of them.
For styling products, I really love the PPS Dfuse Leave in Conditioner. It smells really yummy, and has a really good consistency. It doesn't clog your hair up and actually does what it says it's suppose to. For the GHD's I use the GHD Heat Protectant Spray, which is so good and so reasonably priced.
I am pretty fussy with my hair. I will scream and run if it starts to rain. I get paranoid about people touching it with their dirty hands. I've had it shut in doors a couple of times, this including the door of a Underground train in London. I've had short hair before, and whilst it was great to just get up and go, I really love my long hair, even if it does get caught in zippers, blow into ice creams and lip glosses, get dirty real fast or sucks in hot weather.
I don't go to the hairdresser as often as "they" say I should, basically because I don't trust them to not fuck it up. I currently have a nice fatty fringe, which I trim myself
My hair is probably one of my most prized possessions. I've even had nightmares about someone shaving it off, and to be completely vain, if I had to shave it off for a medical reason, I would seriously consider my hair over my health lol.
I just love it that much.

*bonjo hair = bon jovi hair = this picture