My leap into the world of make-up came when I was 18, and came about thanks to a crush on a boy. I'm still surprised it took me so long to come around to it, and I do wonder when it would have happened, if it hadn't been for a boy.
I don't wear foundation. I couldn't pick a tone for the life of me, and am still a tad confused on the topic of powder to cream. Where the hell does concealer go? What colour concealer do you pick? And as a person with freckles, what part of my skin tone am I aiming for? Gah. It's far too confusing, and to me, seems like a total waste of time. I have good skin, and don't thus far feel the need to cover it up, even if I do think I could do with some concealer to cover up my dark circles.
But then, if I start with the dark circles, where will it end? Do I then find something else to cover up? Is it a slippery slope into a face fulla make-up full time?
So I pass on the concealer, and remain ignorant. I think it's probably for the best.
The make-up I do wear is eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara and lipstick - when I remember to put it on. I occasionally wear blush too, and have been known to sneakily pencil my Santa Claus eyebrows (seriously, they are so white!)
I'm a firm believer that life's too short to wear boring eyeshadow, and that before I get to the age that the bright colours become ridiculously gaudy, I shall wear every colour under the sun. I even have neon eyeshadows in my collection, which are pretty insane.
I usually wear a two-tone set, so I'll have the dark on the outside of the lid, with the lighter colour on the inside, blended in the middle. Then with the eyeliner, I just line the outsides of my top lids, with a little flick at the side.
Most of my eyeshadows are MAC pigments. I have annoyingly oily lids, which means my eyeshadow likes to disappear gradually throughout the day (god only knows to where!?), so I usually brush on a small amount of Cake Eyeliner Sealer by Napoleon Perdis. My lovely best friend introduced me to this stuff, and it's totally worked in my favour so far!
Napoleon also has some great pigments, with black undertones, so it actually looks like you have highlighted the lid yourself. It's such an awesome, lazy way of having sexy lids.
Mascara is probably my most powerful tool, since I have micro, super blonde lashes. My lashes are usually dyed black (I actually dye them myself), but they're still pretty small, so the mascara really helps. I'm currently loving all mascaras from Mirenesse. Extremely long wearing, smear-proof, sweat-proof, smudge proof, sleep-proof, flake-free and water resistant. AND! If you buy online, you can usually get some sweet free gifts :)
I have some really fantastic Rimmel lipsticks, that I would recommend to all. Rimmel has lovely colours, and are pretty reasonably priced. I don't go crazy on buying lipsticks, even tho I do have a few. I generally just stick to my Rimmel "Paradise 032", it serves me well :)
My daily routine usually takes me about 10 minutes, so I'm pretty low key.
What's your routine?