So I've lost some weight. Just some. Nothing spectacular. I now fit into some clothes that I didn't fit into before, and that pleases me, because it's extended my wardrobe a bit more, which means I have more to choose from. I can start ripping out some of my smaller items that I haven't worn in a while.
I'm happy with that.
People have also been commenting on the weight I've lost, which surprises me because I thought I could only see it, or feel it by the way my clothes are now fitting. I hadn't thought that others would be able to tell, but apparently they can, which is awesome.
I know that I can pin my weight loss down to walking. Just walking. I often walk to work, and sometimes even walk home too. It takes me about an hour (because I'm slow, and sometimes stop to take photos). The distance itself is about 5km each way.
I'd say that has something to do with it.
And even when I don't do the full walk, when I take the bus, I still have to walk a little ways, further than I did before at the old house, so I'm still getting walking in, even when I'm being lazy and taking the loser-cruiser.
It's all good.
My eating habits haven't changed much. For instance, last night I had a curry for dinner. It was super delicious. The night before that, I had macaroni cheese, which will all know isn't a healthy option, but was equally delicious. I also had a pie for lunch that day, mmmm delicious buttery pastry goodness.
By no means am I watching what I eat. I still eat burgers, cakes, ice cream. Latte? Yes please.
But I think it should be noted that I don't actually eat much. I don't do the mid-afternoon or mid-morning snack thing. I don't go home after work and pig out on something before dinner. I just eat my meals, no matter how healthy or unhealthy they are. Of course, dessert is usually an option, but there's no other snacking on my appetite agenda.
Which really is the opposite of what they say you should do in order to lose weight, isn't it? I'm still eating all the delicious things I want, not snacking, just walking, and still losing weight.
So what gives? I'm not complaining or looking a gift horse in the mouth, I'm just curious as to how that happens.
I know that some *STUPID* people believe that diet alone can help you lose weight, when really IF you're going to pin all your weight-loss dreams on one donkey, it should be exercise, not diet. So I guess it does make sense in a way.
There's also my weight that should be taken into consideration. Extra weight = extra resistance = faster results than someone who has less weight.
And then there's the initial weight loss that always happens at the very beginning, that tapers down over time unless you pump up your regime.
But I have started to wonder. In the past whenever I've lost weight, it's come quite easily, and the pace hasn't ever slowed when I've exercised (again with just the walking), which makes me wonder if I'm actually one of these freaks that can lose weight quite easily, with the one and only rule being that I continue to exercise.
Am I wasting my weight loss potential? I think I might put this to the test over the coming year.
Now where's that damn bread roll..