Idiots of the world unite at my place of employment

I deal with idiots on a daily basis. They're really the bane of my working existence, and being the type of person I am (an impatience bitch, that is) my feathers can be ruffled by just the slightest bit of stupidity or unwarranted entitlement (I fucken hate entitlement!).

Those are just two of the things that really ruffle my feathers. There are many, many more, but these seem to be the two of the most re-occurring here in my workplace.

The people within my department are fantastic. I may not always understand them or get along with them, but otherwise they're pretty cool, and everybody seems to know the job they should be doing, and they're getting it done. I can respect that.

But the rest of them. OH! *rips hair out*

Not all of them, but unfortunately the majority, are total idiots. Now, I don't have any problem answering questions that could be deemed as 'stupid' as long as the person asking the question isn't suggesting (in their questioning) that it's some fault of mine, rather than a fault of their own, that they don't understand or that something isn't working for them. Being polite also goes a long way with me.

This is not a concept that a lot of people grasp (you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, duh) so I seem to be often playing the part of the Berserker, in constant battle defense mode, trying to fight off the hoards of people that think them not knowing something, or getting something, is some how MY fault.

And I'm not talking about complex systems here people. I'm talking about websites and ridiculous things like not knowing that you have to scroll down the damn page in order to see something in full.

I'm serious. FUCKEN SERIOUS.

I get ridiculous emails like "My booking isn't showing on the system, it must have fallen off or the system is broken"

First of all, bookings don't 'fall off' the system. It's a fucken database. They are either intentionally removed or they never existed in the damn first place. Please check yourself, you knob.

Also have you perhaps considered the following:

1. Your booking doesn't actually exist because you were too lazy to request one?
2. Our system is working just fine, the problem is actually with you, who can't seem to grasp the idea that you need to adjust the search parameters in order for it to display the dates you're looking at? And by this I mean if you were looking for something that's booked for next week, you wouldn't be searching for dates this week, would you?
3. Throwing yourself out the window and saving us all the trouble of having to ever deal with you again? Please?

Unfortunately most people don't consider these things, and instead come blabbing off to me about some fault or another, when really the fault is with them and their lack of intelligence. Then when I explain what they need to do, instead of going "Oh, silly me!" they go off on a rant about how "Oh, but when I looked before it didn't display it that way".

WHAT? Oh yeah, that system, gosh, it's playing tricks with you! Changing itself and making things magically disappear then reappear in the matter of minutes.

IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT YOU DICK!

Why can't people just admit they had a blonde moment? WHY? I don't care if you don't get it, as long as you're nice and don't give me some bullshit about it being a mistake on our part. We know the truth, you know the truth, who are you trying to fool? Jesus? Pfft, he knew before either of us!

Aside from the stupidity that takes place around here, you've also got people that believe they are entitled to immediate attention. They'll send you an email. Then phone you. Then email you. Then phone you, leaving an irritatingly long voice message. Then email you again about said voice message. Then ring you again, just in case you're there this time. Then email again asking for you to ring them. Then ring and ring and ring and ring and FUCKEN RING. And then maybe email again for good measure.

You finally find out what they want and you know what it is? YOU KNOW WHAT IT FUCKEN IS?

"There's a space between my first and last name on the system. It's annoying and incorrect."

Words really can't express how I feel about that. I'm not even going to try.

The fact that if there were a space, it wouldn't make ANY damn difference. Yeah, you read it WERE. If there WERE a space. But is there? No. No space. JUST SOME MORON BEHIND THE MONITOR THINKING THAT THERE IS ONE AND THEN BITCHING AND WHINING AND HARASSING ME ABOUT IT AS IF IT WERE THE ONLY FUCKEN IMPORTANT THING LEFT TO DO IN THE WORLD.

OH NOES CHILDREN ARE STARVING EVERY-FUCKEN-WHERE BUT THE ONLY IMPORTANT THING FOR ME IS THAT THERE'S A SPACE BETWEEN MY FIRST AND LAST NAME. OH NOES, WHATEVER SHALL I DO? HOW CAN I GO OOOOOOOOON?

You can't. Please terminate IMMEDIATELY.

Wishful thinking tho, right?

There are also combos. You get the stupid people that also believe they are entitled, so they not only demand your time for meaningless, bullshit tasks, but they also don't get what they're asking or what you're responding with.

But really, they're not even worth talking about. My blood boils just thinking of those combos.

I generally quite a nice person to deal with, at least work wise lol. I'm very polite, I'm nice, and I always sign off with a smiley face, so you know I'm not intimidating or a rude stuck up bitch. I really do try to build relationships with people, and I do admit when I make mistakes, or if there is a fault on our side.

I just wish others had the decency to do the same. What's the world coming to *shakes head*.