So I'm back from Adelaide, but I'm not really going to touch on that today. I'll post more about my trip tomorrow, when I have the photos to share as well :)
Instead I'd rather talk about haters. And yeah, I really do seem to go round and round on this one, but it's probably not why you think.
I don't rant on about these time (& space!) wasters because they anger me (ok, so they do anger me..) but rather because they confuse me. I haz confusion.
We all remember the haters from high school, a time in ones life when being a hater or being hated on is the norm. So and so doesn't like you because maybe you looked at them funny in the hall. So and so thinks you're a slut because you talked to this guy they OMG like SO much. How dare you.
I actually had a really weird one at high school where this girl made up an elaborate story about how I chased, and attacked her. My first thought would be that she was trying to get me in trouble with the authoritah, but she didn't tell any teachers, so that wipes that one out. She wasn't a popular character at my school, so I'm not sure why she decided it was a good idea to lie. Nobody believed her, they all laughed at her and thought she was a crazy bitch. She was of course a very good definition of a psycho hose beast.
I still wonder about her sometimes.
But acts like that are just humorous, not so much confusing (altho her behaviour was very interesting).
The haters that confuse me are the ones that carry on with such immature and lame behaviour YEARS after high school has finished. This is probably a very stupid assumption on my part, but I just assumed that everybody moved on from the lameness that is high school drama.
My bad I guess.
Without delving into reality, it seems that the playground of choice for these haters is the internet. I'm not surprised at this. For one, you can be totally anonymous online. You can play up your personality or lack of it for that matter. You can hide behind your monitor, sprouting off big words, and grand insults without the fear of getting the bash.
The internet is a grand old place to be a total douchebag.
But they still confuse me. Is it really that much fun to belittle someone online? Is it really a win when you're just a loser, just looking for a bite?
I used to be quite a hard target, nothing could penetrate the asshole shield, but as I've gotten older, I've gotten wiser and stronger, and I haven't needed the shield so much. There are still douchebags out there, but instead of them cutting me to the bone, like they would have previously if I hadn't had that shield, those insults just bounce straight off me because I have a better belief and confidence in myself. Lame, childish remarks don't get to me like they used to because I know what they are. They're lame and childish. There's no truth behind them, no substance to a stranger calling you something you're not. Where's the embarrassment in someone, that doesn't know you, calling you something overly harsh? It sure as hell ain't with me!
But the internet isn't reality, and it's actually even easier to spot and ignore these wankers.
Facebook seems to be common place for such people, but the sad thing about the Facebook wankers is they're actually suppose to be your friends or at least acquaintances. People you've deemed worthy of being on your friend list, and sharing in your profile, updates and photos.
I've had people I like turn on me for the strangest reasons, such as they didn't like something I "liked", they didn't agree with my music tastes, they thought my status update was lame, they didn't like someone I was friends with.
And whilst all these people have their redeeming qualities, they've all been banished to my "fuck you" list in my privacy settings. As far as I'm concerned my Facebook profile, which includes all my likes, friends and status updates is MINE. I have the rule of the roost over this area. I don't go into your house and tell you that your sofa is ugly then set it on fire. I don't go to your party and tell you that your friends are dicks, even tho they probably are, I don't smash your cd's because I think your taste in music is comparable to a 14 year old, even tho it is, seriously).
So don't be coming into my virtual home, smearing your crap all over it.
I keep them on my friend list in the hope that one day they'll realise what a douche they are, and rise to at least the average level of a normal, considerate person.
I know. That's probably a false hope, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt.
Aside from Facebook, there are also some that drift around on blogs. Either people you've never spoken to before, or people you've known for years that think it's a good idea to come to your blog and make unnecessary comments.
Seriously, I don't care if you have it worse than me. In writing a blog about something I deem sad/bad/horrible this is my opinion, I'm not saying it's the worse thing that could happen in the damn world, I'm saying that to me, it's not good. So please don't come here and comment about how much worse you have it, don't you know that that is incredibly bad form? Has nobody ever taught you that lesson?
Secondly, please don't be spell checking my entries. I can understand if you have other things to say, and it's just a little tidbit of information, but there's nothing I care for less than someone that leaves an ANONYMOUS comment with "it's their, not there". Oh, JOG ON.
Those are probably the two types of main offender on my blog, so at least I don't get crazy psycho bitches leaving horrible, ranting comments like most bloggers do, but what I do get, still does piss me off.
So what kind of loopies are you getting on your Facebook and/or blog? And how do you deal with them?