Short & Sweet

I can't write much about this because I'm already on the verge of tears. Yeah, I'm a pussy.

I'm flying out to Adelaide this afternoon for a work conference. I get to meet geeks in my field, who have to deal with the same morons I do, which will be nice. You know, camaraderie and all.

I'll be there until Saturday (well, I spend most of Saturday travelling back to Christchurch). It's all paid for. I don't have to sit in front of a computer, working. Instead I get to sit in a large conference centre, listening to people blab on about Syllabus Plus, whilst drinking coffee and/or zoning out.

This doesn't bother me.

What does bother me is the fact that I'll be away from Bjorn.

A large amount of my travel experiences have been with Bjorn. It's not like I couldn't travel by myself, it's just that I prefer not to. It's more fun when you can share your experiences with someone else.

And then you have to take into consideration that Bjorn and I spend at least 95% of our time together.

We're sidekicks to each other, and it's just not right to be without your sidekick.

So on one hand I'm looking forward to it, then on the other I'm digging in my nails and kicking and screaming like a child not wanting to leave a toy store.

I never knew travel could be so cruel *shakes fist at it*