Tom Cruise, what a fucken nutter. I'll be the first to agree that he has some problems. The couch-jumping, the scientology, the Brooke Shields bashing (does this man have no TACT?), but I have to admit it. Its time for me to just come out with it. Ever since he was Lestat in Interview (with the Vampire, that is), I have always had a soft spot for old Tom. And before you even think of saying it, I am an avid fan of Anne Rice. I have read all the books, I know all the characters and I STILL believe that they couldn't have found a better Lestat (tho I did have a serious problem with Antonio as Armand, good lord, what a travesty!)I don't think Tom is all that good looking. I certainly don't think he's a good actor. But he definitely is alright by me. His movies, whilst complete fluff, are entertaining enough. They're Hollywood movies afterall, so what can you expect? Its not arthouse nouveau, and I certainly don't expect them to be. His life choices are his to make, no matter how stupid they seem to the rest of us.
Then when I had heard he had started dating Katie Holmes, I was completely confused. For one, I never pictured it and for two, I bloody hated Katie Holmes. That was until Tom came into the picture and she changed completely. You see, to me, Katie is Tom's stabiliser. He fucks up, she repairs it, he keeps her from making anymore crappy films, I'm happy, hey, aren't we all happy? And if this really is what they're leading us to believe it is, it really is quite sweet. Who cares if he was lame (and unoriginal) and proposed at the top of the Eiffel tower, only two months after they started dating? Its Tom Cruise! We all know he moves fast. Tom got happy, Katie got pretty and stylish, and Kass scratched her chin, thinking that maybe Katie was alright after all.
And then we all know what came next. Their greatest collaboration yet. Baby Suri. Suri is my favourite celebrity. She has this mop of dark hair, gorgeous blue eyes and the cutest little face ever. I bet she even makes that really cute baby giggle too. Damn babies! How dare they be so adorable! Okay, I've said enough about the Cruises. I'm sure you all hate me now and think I'm a traitor, but I don't care. There is a side of me that just wants to yell "Enough Kass!" but I can't help it, why should I pretend to hate them, when I don't? I think they're fantastic, and poo on you if you don't.