The Compulsory 2006 Meme

1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before? Lived in Canada? Well, I've never done that before, however unoriginal it may sound!

2. Where were you this year? England, Wales, Scotland, Sardinia, Italy, Czech Republic, Poland, Canada, USA!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Not that I'm aware of..

4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes.

5. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? Time with those I love.

6. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Moving country. Not killing people, I would say, is a pretty big achievement this year also lol.

7. What was your biggest failure? Saving money.

8. Did you suffer illness or injury? I had the flu once, and a few colds, I almost broke from ankle in Florence (I HATE YOU FLORENCE!), and I did manage to crack and bruise my head on the tiles in the bathroom but nothing really major :)

9. What was the best thing you bought? That question is far too difficult to answer, for I am a complete consumer lol.

10. Whose behaviour merited celebration? There were a few this year. Bjorn (for many amazing reasons), Belinda (for courage in moving to another country and persistence in finding a job), Amanda (for the strength she has found for her kids, through hard times of her own), Mum (for forgiveness, for loving and for just being an amazing person).

11. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? Nobody worth noting.

12. Where did most of your money go? Probably on travel expenses, exciting (overseas travel) or otherwise (tube/bus/skytrain).

13. What made you really excited? Seeing Belinda again in May. Pete and Cinzia's baby annoucement was pretty exciting too?

14. What song will forever remind you of 2006? Best of You by the Foo Fighters, for their amazing Hyde Park experience.

15. How do you feel compared to this time last year? I feel like a better, more secure person.

16. What do you wish you’d done more of? Chilled the fuck out, not worried so much, and of course, laughed. Earnt more money would've been nice too.

17. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worried about stupid insignificant people.

18. What was the best book you read? Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell - Suzanna Clarke

19. What did you want and get? Freedom from London! My locket :)

20. What did you want and not get? My family for Christmas, among other, secret wishes ;)

21. What was your favourite film of this year? The Matador

22. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I took in my very first 3D movie at the IMAX in London. I was 22.

23. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Family and friends and kitties!

24. What kept you sane? To stay sane, I would have to be sane. Which I am not and never have been.

25. Who did you miss? My family and friends.

26. Who was the best new person(s) you met? I've met a few neat people this year :)

27. Who would you like to get to know better in 2007? Only those worth knowing.

28. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006: Never travel to Italy in summer. Never trust public transport. Always plan ahead when travelling. Sometimes a smile and a hug will fix everything.

29. What are you looking forward to most in 2007? Seeing my peeps!

30. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

We'll do it all // Everything // On our own // We don't need // Anything // Or anyone