I love my parents, biological or otherwise. I even love them when they're strange, silly or just plain batshit crazy. Parental relationships may just be the most complicated of relationships, because even when they've pushed you down, pulled you apart and driven you completely nuts, somewhere, somehow, theres still a part of you that loves them. I don't think I could have that sort of relationship with anyone else.But this entry isn't about my parents..It's about other peoples parents, and their surprising affection toward other peoples sprogs.
Sarah arrived last night from Seattle, to help us bring in the new year (*cough*sarah-loves-the-daiquiris!*cough*) and surprised us earlier today with gifts..From her mother (Barbara)..Whom Bjorn and I had only met when we visited Seattle in November, for Sarah's birthday.
We already knew that Barbara was something special, as she had kindly invited us to Christmas in Atlanta, which we unfortunately had to turn down, since the airfare there, over the Christmas holidays, was so expensive, and then there is of course the matter of Sarah being a super fun weirdo, her mother at least had to be some sort of cool herself. Turns out she is far cooler than I had realised.These presents are very awesome.
Not only did we each get a giant mug (seen above, it's as big as my head!) we also each received crafty little personalised boxes designed by Barbara herself. The box had a pair of socks in it, with these delicious smelling teas (which made my socks smell like delicious spices). I was very impressed. This woman had only spent a couple of days in our presence, and she had sent us presents, with socks (one of my favouritest things) and awesome home made boxes, mine with kittys on it (another one of my favouritest things :)Barbara is now my unofficial American mother :) She rocks.