*wide crazy eyes* When I was 8, I found a cassette tape. On this cassette tape, there would be a musician, a musician that would become the road to all other musical influences in my up and coming future. A musician that would broaden my mind, delight me with a superb musical production and leave me glued to my cassette player, ignoring my mothers taunts (why are you listening to that shit), requests (can you please do the dishes) and demands (DO THE GOD DAMN DISHES!!!) I didn't and still don't care what others think of said musician, nor do I care what people think of me for liking the music. I love it. My electic taste in music is credited to finding that cassette and giving it a chance. I figured that if I could find gold like that, maybe I could find more on other strange and unwanted cassettes (although the majority of my music collection back home is on LPs) My sister bought me a t-shirt for my 9th birthday (that I still have and wear) and some ten years later, for my 19th birthday, she took me to the concert. Needless to say, it blew my mind, leaving me yearning to go to another one ever since.
This morning, whilst reading the newspaper, I discovered that I would have this could become reality. Meatloaf is coming to town. Yes, okay, March next year, but he's still coming! And if I miss out on that one, he's actually going to be in England in May next year (around the same time where we'll be over in that direction) I felt the sudden urge to open the skytrain doors and scream down at the streets below that "HE'S COMING!" Of course most people would've thought I was talking about God or Jesus or Santa, but I didn't care, I was elated.
That was until I got to work and saw how much it was going to cost me. Okay, so its not that much, considering. A ticket will set me back around $70CAD (the England tour around 40GPB) and while it would be well worth it, its still pricey for someone who doesn't earn that much in the first place. Tickets go on sale this Friday and I just can't justify spending that much at the moment, damnit. Tickets will hopefully still be available closer to the time, fingers crossed atleast.
"And I said, God damn it daddy! You know I love you, but you've got a hell of a lot to learn about Rock n Roll.."