There is this little song I wrote

I'm really enjoying my new job. The people here are so nice and helpful, and my team mates are friendly and geeky like me, which is also nice :) The programs we're using are pretty straight forward and easy to navigate, if not a little retarded at times. They seem to be pretty laid back here, which didn't really work for EA (with their lack of organization and management), but seems to work quite nicely here. We can surf the net, check our emails, chat to co-workers, just as long as we get the work done and listen when we need to. I like that sort of environment, where you don't have someone breathing down your neck and your workload is on your own shoulders. I know that doesn't work for everybody, but it certainly works for me and makes me actually want to get more work done. There are so many good points about this job, I just feel so lucky that I got the chance to work here (and get paid decent money for it! :D)

Aside from my work, Bjorn seems to be really enjoying his job at UBC. It's nice to see him happy to go to work, and still come home happy at the end of the day - I think the only thing that can phase him at the moment is if the pizza lady at Uncle Fatih's either takes too long and/or stinges him on the slice sizes lol. Him being happy means that I'm happy. It also means that he's even nicer to me, which I didn't think was possible lol. Happy people are nice to be around :)

I think all of these good feelings are going to prove to be a good start to the new year, which for once, I seem to be looking forward to. Which makes me a little bit suspicious..Of myself lol. I don't usually make new years resolutions, based on the fact that I think its stupid to just all of a sudden think you should change or do something with you life, just because its a new year. Shouldn't you be doing that all year round? But this year, maybe I'll make a couple small ones, like read 50 books or learn how to knit (Mum has convinced me with her awesome knitted goods that it might be a skill worth learning). I figure that if new years is a decent excuse to learn something new, then why not go along with it like everybody else for a change?

Although, lets see me stick to them lol.