2006 - Year in Review

This list is very long, but you should have seen the summary I had before it. Golly! So be grateful that it's not even longer than it already is! Oh, and click the picture if you want to see the bigger version.

NYE 05/06Crazy festival dress-upTintern AbbeyGoodbye London

- I enjoyed January in London, in front of our space heater, eating Sainsbury's pepperoni pizza and unashamedly drinking their pre-mix Bucks Fizz.
- I didn't enjoy getting sick in February and narrowly escaping a glandular fever relapse.
- I enjoyed our 6 month anniversary, with our visit to The Square, where we managed to hoover all 7 (not stevens) dishes from the taster menu, not to mention the two desserts at the end (two desserts!) Each dish had specially selected wine, which needless to say, left us full and a bit drunk at the end of the night.
- I enjoyed our trip to Cinzia's home country of Sardinia, where we learnt valuable lessons such as;

  • Italians do not walk into rooms, they dance into them

  • Never trust an Italian behind the wheel, they are crazy.

  • Sardinia is a beautiful country.


- I celebrated my 22nd birthday in March with a visit to the London IMAX. It was my first time seeing a 3D movie. I was very excited.
- I enjoyed seeing John Hurt perform at the Barbican in Krapp's Last Tape. He spent most of his time on stage peeling bananas, which at the end of the performance, Bjorn managed to scam the skins from a stage hand as souvenir. They spent the rest of the year stinking out an empty cupboard in our kitchen.
- I enjoyed our visit to Wales, mostly for the delicious pasties and beer (Braaaaaains!)
- I enjoyed my first visit to the ballet at the Royal Opera House in London. Even if the men's crotches were a bit disturbing.
- I enjoyed seeing James, Vic, Belinda and the Plumber in Oxford
- I enjoyed finishing work in June, even if in the end, it was a bit sad.
- I didn't enjoy our last night in London, packing up and throwing out, most of our belongings before we were to leave on a train the next morning for Scotland.

Skeleton Cow & BjornHaggis TourFlorenceFunny door humping scenes depicted on the Rome subway

- I enjoyed spending a couple of free days in Scotland, and doing a tour with the Real Mary Kings Close crew. We saw the famous cows and ate delicious comfort food.
- I enjoyed our entire 8-day Scotland tour, taking in the sights from Loch Ness to Orkney. We saw puffins and hairy coos, ate ice cream and made some good friends. I miss our yellow bus.
- I didn't enjoy booking the bus to the wrong airport and then making Bjorn shell out more money for a taxi to get us there on time for our flight.
- I didn't enjoy losing my swiss card to security at the airport because I forgot to pack it.
- I enjoyed the barmaids cheering me up with their crazy Pimms making ways.
- I didn't enjoy Florence. At all. It was overpriced and crowded with tourists.
- I didn't enjoy being stinking hot, day and night.
- I enjoyed watching and being hexed by the gypsies in Rome.
- I enjoyed the delicious vanilla milkshakes from McDonalds in Rome
- I enjoyed watching The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift 3 times at the movies in Rome.
- I enjoyed the air conditioning we had in our the hotel in Rome
- I didn't enjoy our 6-hour walking journey to get back to our crummy hostel, although it makes for a good story now and I did earn 5 desserts that night.

Bjorn after a large pintOne of the mounds in KrakowBjorn and IKrakow at sunset

- I enjoyed drinking large cheap tankards of pilsen beer in Prague
- I enjoyed being able to do our laundry and having clean clothes again.
- I enjoyed eating hot-dogs and watching all the stupid English hen/bucks parties screaming along the main strip, making bad names for all English tourists.
- I didn't enjoy our 8-hour train trip to Krakow, then arriving to not find the hostel people there to pick us up.
- I enjoyed finally arriving at Momotown Hostel and being pleasantly surprised by how awesome it was.
- I enjoyed being slightly cooler in Krakow, and having our own room.
- I enjoyed our bike tour of Krakow, even if the weather was being a crazy bitch.
- I enjoyed meeting Matt from Australia, and watching him drunk, one night, trying to get into a polish girl's panties.
- I enjoyed eating several Zapiekanka's and taking to stuffing ourselves silly at U Babci Maliny - My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
- I enjoyed meeting Alecia and Corey at breakfast, and spending time with them on the mound. I wish we had had more time, it was nice to finally meet another crazy redhead (even if she didn't admit to it lol)
- I enjoyed visiting the Wieliczka Salt Mine
- I didn't enjoy visiting Auschwitz.
- I didn't enjoy the 8+ hour train ride back to Prague.
- I didn't enjoy our last night in Prague, being eaten alive by mosquitoes and not getting any sleep.
- I didn't enjoy our roundabout flight from Prague to Venice - tell me, in what reality does it make sense to fly from Prague to Venice via ROME?
- I didn't enjoy waiting at Marco Polo for 2 hours, being attacked by mosquitoes, and trying to get a taxi to our hostel.
- I really appreciated the very nice Italian man that gave us a free ride to our hostel after we pathetically pleaded with him.
- I didn't appreciate the slack security guard giving us the incorrect cabin, when we had specified a particular one with air conditioning, just because he was too lazy to walk us down the end of the campsite.
- I really enjoyed bitching at the people at reception the next day, and getting us an even sweeter cabin for the remaining two nights.
- I didn't enjoy trying to get on the bus at the campsite and being worried about Bjorn not being able to get on too.
- I didn't enjoy walking around in the rain, trying to figure out where we're suppose to go, when we were moving to a hotel.
- I really appreciated the reception we received when we arrived at Al Ponte Mocenigo. The owner made us feel very welcome and at home in his beautiful hotel.
- I enjoyed sleeping away most of my time in Venice.
- I surprisingly enjoyed the wet, cool weather while we were there. It was a nice change from being hot all the time.

Pete and his tongueMe by the London EyeTower BridgeA group photo - with Aaron & Bjorn

- I actually enjoyed our return to London, where Pete's living room floor was eagerly awaiting us.
- I enjoyed just hanging out in London, and wrapping up everything once in for all.
- I didn't enjoy the wait we had at the airport, due to all the security measures, but our experience wasn't as bad as some of the other poor people who had been there for at least a day, waiting for their flight to leave.
- I didn't enjoy the long flight to Vancouver, it was tiring and pretty boring. We had good seats though and probably had the seats with the most leg room (yes, us shorties lol)
- I enjoyed arriving in Vancouver, at obviously a very quiet time, and just breezing through customs and immigration.
- I didn't really enjoy being blinded by the excessively bright Vancouver sun, after spending so much time in London, where the sun is never that bright.
- I enjoyed feeling like I was in some sort of surreal North American sitcom, with the yellow traffic lights and bizarre streets.
- I enjoyed munching down on my first pizza-by-the-slice and getting brain freeze from a massive cup of coke slushie from 7/11
- I didn't enjoy the noise seeping through the floor from the bar downstairs, late at night.

Vancouver on a sunny dayIts crazy time!Zephyr!Sea kayaking on Bowen Island

- I enjoyed being welcomed to East 13th for two weeks by Zephyr, even if she was annoying at times.
- I enjoyed Bjorn's birthday, where we went sea kayaking on Bowen Island. I didn't appreciate being frighten by a seal, bobbing its head around in the water. It wasn't funny.
- I did/didn't enjoy Bjorn getting his first job in Vancouver. I was pleased that he was so happy about getting a job, but also sad because it meant our fun times in Van together, while everybody else worked, was over.
- I thought it would be funny to apply for a job as a games tester, and surprisingly got a position.
- I enjoyed feeling like I was doing something productive, instead of sitting around the house, bored.
- I enjoyed my first day at EA, meeting new people.
- I appreciated Bjorn and all his hard work with finding us a nice new home in the east.
- I enjoyed having a place to finally call home.
- I enjoyed meeting Sarah and appreciated all her help with sourcing us with sweet household goods.
- I enjoyed SLJ and his muthafucken snakes
- I enjoyed getting surprise earrings :)
- I enjoyed seeing a crow get hit on the head with an acorn and then cawing in protest.
- I didn't enjoy starting work at 2pm to work on a stinking PS3.
- I enjoyed harassing Gordon about his participation in drug usage, insaneness and prostitution.

Our Dining RoomCrazy GordCute raccoons at Stanley ParkRob & Bjorn at the Cambie for Jaime's Birthday

- I didn't enjoy head butting the corner of our tiled wall in the bathroom.
- I didn't enjoy my bout of burglar paranoia, although the story told, is a very funny one.
- I didn't enjoy Karina, Shannon and Akemi, getting the can from work.
- I enjoyed cooing over the Raccoons at Stanley Park.
- I enjoyed us all getting very drunk at Jaime's birthday celebration.
- I enjoyed my first North American Halloween.
- I really enjoyed Bjorn finishing up at his smelly job.
- I enjoyed visiting Seattle for Sarah's birthday, even if the weather was completely shitty.
- I really love and appreciate the special brown shoes Sarah gave me :)
- I was very proud of Bjorn for getting his sweet job at UBC, that he had wanted so badly and turns out, loves so much.
- I enjoyed the news about Shannon returning to EA.
- I enjoyed the extreme shopping with Shannon, and then later that night, the bowling and pool we played with Bjorn and Jaime.
- I enjoyed seeing Frank Black at the Commodore, even if it was for just an hour or so.
- I didn't enjoy being coffee-less for at least a week due to turbidity
- I enjoyed having snow for the first time in years.
- I didn't enjoy not being able to feel my toes tho.
- I didn't enjoy changing teams at EA, after working so hard on my previous one.
- I enjoyed getting another job and handing in my notice at EA.
- I enjoyed shopping for all my Christmas presents and managing to send some off to NZ for once.
- I enjoyed wrapping all the presents and seeing them under our mini Christmas tree.
- I enjoyed starting my new job with IBM, a job that has already proven itself to be far superior to the one I had with EA (even when we have downtime and theres nothing to do).
- I enjoyed Christmas day and all the awesome presents I gave and received. There was also all of that delicious food, thanks to Gord and Bjorn :)
- I enjoyed the time off I spent with Bjorn, regardless of what we did and did not do.
- I enjoyed a subdued NYE with Gord, Sarah and my favourite person, Bjorn.

Ready, aim, FIRE!SnowMerry Christmas!Happy New Year!

BRING ON 2007!