Always take the weather with you

It seems that in this case, Crowded House has failed me with weatherly predictions;
"Everywhere you go you always take the weather with you"
No, CH, it seems we haven't.

You see, when Bjorn and I first arrived in Vancouver, we had trouble adjusting to the brightness of the sun. I mean, compared to England, fucken hell it was bright. I even had to make Bjorn buy me a large pair of sunglasses (good excuse to get a new pair of sunnies anyway lol) and we had to start smearing on the suntan lotion, which unfortunately didn't do us much good on our little 2hr bike ride around Stanley Park. I've only just managed to get rid of my red-scoop-neck chest, with it still making an appearance if I get too hot or even look at it the wrong way (heaven forbid!). That experience left me very weary of the Vancouver sun. It seems whilst NZ has a horrible sun that burns-burns-burns!, Vancouver has this nasty sun that not only burns you, but makes you pay for it some 5 months later.

The nerve of it, really.

Did the sun run when winter showed its face? Yeah, it did for a while. It rained, it was gray (nothing compared to the "dark" of a wintry England) there was oft glimpses of a distant sun, never for more than an hour or two during the day. But now that its nearly the ugly end of winter (okay, so theres still couple of months before spring really comes into play) the sun has gone mad and has been showing its shiny yellowy face pretty much everyday as of late.

Now, I'm very surprised by all this, whereas Bjorn thinks I'm bonkers, because from his memory, it's like this in NZ. I wouldn't have a clue. It seems spending 2 years in a dark and gloomy London hell, it has wiped my memory of what NZ seasons are really like. Hell, I don't even remember when summer starts in NZ! Is there sun in winter? I don't mean of the hot kind, but more of the sunny-in-your-face type? Please help my small brain remember what home is like.

And now I need to reassess exactly what I do remember about NZ..But really, how do you remember something you've forgotten? Shit!