This is double post day, or as (what is)Jeopardy would say "Daily Double" (shut up, it was Gordon's idea!). I figured I might as well update you all on my oh-so boring life (le sigh and all).Vancouver is currently very windy. I can see the trees outside the window nearly bending in half from the force of it. I like the wind, but I seriously hope it doesn't bring down any trees in my neighbourhood. We had snow again last Friday, which really only last a day or so. We had a truckloads of it out in Burnaby (where I work) but not too much within the city centre. I have to give props to my sweet vans that not only prevented me from slipping on my arse several times, but also kept my feet warm and dry. I was very pleased, and I must say Bjorn, that was a good investment on your behalf, buying me those sweet shoes, because you know if I had had wet, cold feet, you'd have been hearing about it for at least 4 hours lol.
Work is good. Last I heard we had completed 12% of the site, and that was about a week or so ago. We've covered a lot of ground since then, but not nearly as much as we could have, due to defects, issues and just plain tiredness (repetitiveness = sleepiness). We were initially told the end date for our contract would be the 15th (this coming Monday) but by the rate things are going, I don't think thats going to be happening. We haven't even started on the major part of the website, which looks like it's going to be a)tricky and b)a huge pain the governmental arse. We had a new girl start yesterday, with the prospect of more new people (for validation) starting either the end of the week or early next week. The idea of having more people in our small room isn't very becoming, but I guess it'll generate some more heat for us (since the heating here is bananas). We still don't have our I.D. cards. Apparently the only person that can print or authorise them, is in Toronto lol.
The 2007 plans are coming along nicely. We've decided that our trip to England/Sardinia in April/May is only going to be a family and friends orientated trip. We had originally planned to do a little bit of traveling, maybe to Paris or Copenhagen, but we figured its more important to spend time with family and friends, than go gallivanting around Europe, and theres also the fact that we'd really only be over that side of the world for a couple of weeks, before flying back to Vancouver to immerse ourselves back into the reality of work. We have plans to return to that side of the world later on in the year anyway.As for me, I'm good, a little tired. I haven't been getting much sleep lately, for whatever reason. I also currently have a wicked headache from staring at a computer screen all day, which really you'd think I'd have gotten used to by now, after spending most of my time on the life support (by that I mean the computer - tippity-tap) Aside from the paranoia of having a tree fall on me or something, I'm kind of looking forward to going outside in the wind, after feeling a bit peakish and heaty (not hearty as the spell check suggested) all day. It looks nice and freezing outside, just what I currently need.
But just as a warning, if I end up complaining about it later, please ignore the last paragraph lol.
Less than an hour to go before I can head home, make some soup and plant myself in front of the t.v. for hours of rubbish North American t.v. shows. Joy.