The Strange Feeling of Being Cold & Happy

Snow fell again last Wednesday and in many places, has still stuck around. The weather is pretty nippy, therefore whenever I'm out, I'm constantly wearing big red cheeks and a bright red nose. Suffice to say, it is not becoming.

Then theres the ice, which I haven't slipped over on yet, but may do soon if it doesn't melt. I've done managed a few skating moves on it, but nothing of the typical bum bash. I may be getting used to this crazy weather after all.

Today was pretty sweet actually. I was awoken early by Bjorn sneaking off to the living room to play Onimusha and the idea of staying in bed without my radiator wasn't very enticing. Our house is fairly cold at the moment, obviously the lady upstairs has decided as a new years resolution to cut the budget and save money. It shows with the lack of heat we have going on downstairs. I even had to put my damn thermal pants on underneath my pj pants last night. I was not pleased.

We went downtown today, spent time looking at books at Chapters and the once-sweet secondhand bookstore (they've put their prices up, so its not so sweet anymore). We both coveted some awesome (& cute! see picture!) shoes at Fluvog, with the possibility of going back tomorrow to drool and maybe even purchase some. Sweet shoes. Then there was the trek home, after that bus-man was told he couldn't go up Commercial Drive (there was apparently a "big fire" on Commercial and Grant), so we had to walk. It worked out alright though and was relatively painful (the cold was really the only issue). We got caught by the signs in the Mintage window, saying that there was a sale. We spent about an hour in there looking at everything, Bjorn walking out with a totally sweet 1970's type shirt and me walking up with this gorgeous bright burgundy 1950's type cardigan with cute little flowers on the shoulders *pets my pretty cardi*

I love shopping, I just wish I could do it more often and spend more money. My next major purchase needs to be some sort of fancy item for Pete and Cinzia's wedding in May. Yes, this means a fancy shirt or a fancy dress *sighs*

That is going to be a complete disaster, but mebbe, I could get those cute shoes and find a cute dress to go with them..Hmm yuuus yuuus excellent ;)