Quick, someone get me a drink!

I was talking to an old (and very good) friend of mine the other day and she reminded me of some of the crazy shit we used to get up to and it got me thinking.


What happened do those strange and crazy times?

And now you're all saying; "WTF Kass! You're only 22!" Yes, I know I'm only 22 and the fact that I'm already asking myself "What happened to.." is well, really quite depressing.

This has lead me to believe that I am infact a dirty old bore, at the age of 22.

I hear the stories of drunken debauchery, crazy travel adventures and just plain silly city stories, and I'm like "Whaa..Did I miss out on something here?" But then the second question I always end up asking is; "Do I really want to live my life like that?"

I know that some people crave going out every weekend. They crave the attention of friends, they need to be social, they need that time away from home where they drown themselves in a poison of their choice, only to throw it up an hour later either in the males bathroom or the backseat of a taxi cab (neither which I have done by the way, the throwing up in those places that is..) But do I? Do I really? Or is it the pressure of the idea that I should be doing and interested in these things at my age?

Sure, I love hitting the bottle just as much as the next person. I only hate drinking when it comes to the day after, where I swear off it altogether because I've indulged myself far too much and ended up vomitting all over my shoulder amd arm or somebody elses sofa or both (this only happened once, I promise) and there are also times when I just don't feel like drinking at all, when the mere idea of a drink turns my stomach (strange, I know). All this makes me believe that maybe I'm just not like everybody else.

Maybe my life isn't boring afterall, its just different? I would like to go out more often, but that would mean going out in the cold, which I hate, and it often rains, and that pisses me off when I'm drunk or have spent ages making my hair look all nice. And you know, going out drinking with a large coat, umbrella and/or wearing sweaters and crappy wintery clothing is just crap if you ask me. So maybe I'm just waiting for summer, where I can go completely nuts?

Or maybe its because I don't have my regular alcoholic friends around me, the friends I had back home, where we would go out pretty much every weekend and get completely hammered.

I guess that makes a lot of difference, the people that you know and have around you. Altho, I'm sure in saying that Karina, Shannon and of course Bjorn would be more than obliged to go out most weekends and get completely shit-faced (please, correct me if I'm wrong lol)

And money. No work makes Kass a very poor girl. And where is the fun in going out sober and not spending any money?! Pssh! What a pointless activity that is!

There is also the dilemma of not really knowing of any decent and good drinking establishments around, where one can have a nice comfy place to sit and drink, as well as having the option of a beat-ridden dancefloor to shake ones funky arse on. So let me ask ye local Vancouverites, where can one find such a fine and upstanding establishment, so when the time comes, when I have enough money and enough interest in going, I shall know where to go?

Maybe I should make my 23rd year a year of crazy drunken antics lolz! Yes! Excellent!

Shall this be the summer of a drunken and crazy Kass?

I hope so!