I woke up yesterday with the intention of getting out of the house and going into town, perhaps going back to the sweet public library and getting out my quota of books. That was until I saw the weather outside and just got lazy. What is with this disgusting Vancouver weather anyway? Why can't it just be cold, there is no need for this rain. It is completely unnecessary, damnit!
But anyway, with those plans being put aside, I decided instead to plant myself down in front of the TV for the day, because well, theres really nothing better to do around here.
Those plans were interrupted at around 2pm when Bjorn sent me a text message saying he'd left me a note in this notebook we keep beside the bed. Thinking it was just a sweet little note saying he was thinking about me or maybe pick up some eggs at the supermarket or beer or you know, the staples in every man's diet lol. But you know what I got instead?
I not only got one of the sweetest notes ever saying how happy and proud he was to be with me and how much he loved me but also when I opened the notebook two tickets to the Meatloaf concert came flying out at me.
The Meatloaf concert for that night.
I started to blub.
You see, not only do I love surprises so much, that I at least get teary-eyed when they happen, but I am also currently on my monthly, so when I say 'blubbed' I mean DOWNPOUR. In a good way though, considering I really wanted to go to this concert lol.
I had known that Meatloaf was coming (as you may remember from an earlier post) but I had forgotten when it was because I knew that I could never afford the tickets to go. So this was not only an awesome surprise, but also a completely unexpected one.
The remainder of the afternoon was spent with me rummaging through my closet yelling "What am I going to wear!? What am I going to wear?!" Only then to decide to wear what I had originally been wearing anyway lol. Isn't that how it always works out though? You go through you're entire closet only to realise either what you were wearing or what you had originally chosen out was the best choice anyway? Stupid female brain!
When Bjorn got home, we went out for dinner at this delicious Greek place on Commercial Drive (they have the best fried calamari!) and proceeded to get a bit tipsy (as requires to go to any concert lol). The concert was at the Pacific Coliseum, which isn't very far from where we live, so the bus trip there was a piece of piss (I haven't forgotten my strange NZ slang lol).
Now, I've been to a Meatloaf concert before, back home and lets just say, the kind of people that go to these things are hilarious. Like any older generation rocker, you're going to have some older people trying hard to maintain their hardcore rocker looks. I don't think I've ever seen so many mullets or older women in white leather boots (some with tassles!) in one place. EVER! It was incredible. Of course it's not only older people going to these concerts (I was there for one). I was very pleased to notice a girl around the age of 12 there, since I was a young Meatloaf fan at the age of 9. That pleased me much.
After being shocked by the price of alcohol (a small cup of Molson for $7!), we finally went for our seats, which turned out to be both strange and awesome. We were pointed down a staircase only to find a large queue of people, all getting wristbands. I had asked "Are we in the right place?" since this seemed like the pricey VIP area.
Turns out we were in the right place and Bjorn had gotten us some totally sweet seats in the middle of the arena only 22 rows back from the front (this was a seated concert). We could have even gotten up and walked right up to the front of the stage and touched Meatloaf's shoe (I'm not a weird fan lol).
So I was VERY pleased with how my Friday night turned out, even though it rained and rained and rained and I got wet jeans and sore legs walking back down Hastings.
I also learnt something new from all this; Bjorn is even more amazing than I thought he was, which really is some sort of amazing feat considering I always thought he was pretty god damn special :)
I so win at having the bestest boyfriend ever.