A girl without freckles is like a night without stars

I noticed something very unusual yesterday.

My face freckles have all but disappeared! I couldn't believe it. I remember being told, when I was younger and my freckles were a lot darker, that they would fade, but I never believed it. I remember seeing people with clear non-freckled skin and them saying "Oh, I used to have freckles like yours" and thinking "Yeah right, you fucken liar"

Turns out these people could have in fact been right? Yes! Other people could have been right! Amazing!

Of course I still have plenty of freckles and you can still see them, but they have faded quite a lot over the past few years, which I think is pretty amazing.

Bjorn pointed out that it could be about not being in NZ, where the sun is harsh and also that it could be about the SPF in my moisturiser, which would also make sense.

I'm just a little confused as to how I didn't notice before now. I mean I look at my face in the mirror every day, up close and personal god damnit, and yesterday, yesterday of all days, is the day that I finally notice my lack of face freckles?!

WTF FACE?