I've never been a large fan of dinner plates, I prefer bowls, everything tends to stay in a bowl, not like on a plate, where it could slide off at any minute, onto the floor or into a greedy dog's mouth. That shit just ain't cool.I also have another reason for not liking plates very much. Tho having a fear of plates regarding that incident doesn't make much sense, since wouldn't that also make me afraid of sausages? But I won't go into that. I'm sure there are some that will know what I'm referring to ;)
With all these irrational dislikes/fears of plates, I found a new one last night, after my dinner plate exploded, with my dinner on it.
That sounds pretty exciting doesn't it? My dinner plate just EXPLODED! WOW! CR-R-A-C-K! POW! BIFF-BOFF! And all those other cheesy Batman fight graphics.
But it wasn't exciting. I had to eat my dinner in fear of biting down on a big juicy piece of blue glass. Not very appetizing if you ask me.
I suppose I better tell you what happened, I can't hold you in suspense any longer. You see, I had just dished up dinner and was taking our drinks out to the table when I heard a large CRACK-SMASH-FLING! WTF I said to myself, as I quickly walked back to the kitchen to find that my plate had completely done itself in, sending pieces of glass flying about the room and into mine and Bjorn's dinner.
But don't worry, our dinner was salvageable! The plate, however, was not. The heat of the food exploded the plate (I didn't think the food was that hot!), either that or we have a poltergeist in our kitchen that likes to blow up plates (we've had two other plates explode in that kitchen before)
With all this plate-blowing-up business, it's made me feel a bit more cautious toward that dinner set. I'm not even sure I want to use it again. What if next time it explodes and I'm actually near it (as I would've been, if I had not taken out the drinks!) or maybe even eating something off it? Having a plate blow up in your face mustn't be much fun.
It's not really that irrational is it?