My plans for our one-day-London-experience consisted of shopping and visiting an old friend - Frances! So after dropping off my gear, and leaving Bjorn at home to relax, I headed out to Lewisham, where I spent the next two hours rifling around in Primark.
There are some that don't like Primark, they automatically rate it as being chav-central just because it's so cheap, which is fine by me, because it means they won't be going, and I will. Scooping up all the sweet bargains, whilst they run themselves into debt going to Zara or Topshop. Even H&M is pricey compared to Primark.
26.50 got me seven sweet tops. SEVEN. Even with the exchange rate, that's cheap! I loves the Primark and miss it muchly.
After our shopping, we met up with Frances in Greenwich, where we planned to grab a pint and a pie, which turned out to be a nightmare since the pub we were going to go to was closed (renovations), and the pie shop (Goddards Pie House), the amazing, delicious, incredible pie shop, had been replaced with a fucken Gourmet Burger Kitchen (fucken NZers!). It's always sad to see a place like Goddards close down, not only because they were the only decent pie & mash place around, but also because so many good memories were made there. As a New Zealander, I take my pies very seriously, and as far as I'm concerned, it was the only place in London that came close to the pies of home. Where else would we now get delicious rhubarb crumble with a side of ice cream? WHERE? I would have been extra sad if we were still living in London.
We settled on Wetherspoons, another place that some don't rate very highly. News flash people, it's not suppose to be gourmet (if you want that, got to the stupid burger kitchen around the corner). You get what you pay for, and in my opinion, at the price you pay, the food is excellent. A range of cheap, and sometimes unusual alcohol. Curries, burgers, pies. You name it, they've got it and it's pretty delicious. And they have Strongbow on tap, and you can't beat that.
Catching up with Frances was lovely. She doesn't take bullshit, she doesn't give bullshit, she loves a good rant, a few drinks, and anything that involves breaking the barrier of your mind. You've gotta love her for that.
I hadn't seen her since her bizarre-o days in London, 2004, so there was a lot to catch up on.
Next..Sardinia!
PS: I'm going to see The Police (not the law, btw) on Wednesday with Karina! W00t! How exciting!