Set the wheels in motion, and watch them turning round

Things have been super crazy around here lately, so yes, my blogging has decreased, but I will try to get at least 3 more blogs in before I am to be doomed in Liverpool without an internet connection (or even a computer! waah!)

I've been frantically trying to get things prepared at work, and up to date for the next people that come into my positions (yes, positionS!). They haven't found any replacements, but apparently my manager is going to organise for two temps (one for Reception, the other for Facilities Coordinator) to come in on Wednesday, so I can show them the ropes (in the hope that they either stay on or can hand-over to someone else). So at the moment, I'm writing two procedures manuals, and trying desperately to think of the all the things I needed/wanted to know when I first got here.

I don't mind writing manuals, actually, I think they're pretty fun, so I'm having a good time of it :)

As for home life, our house looks like a bomb has hit it. I'm trying to organise all the shit I need to take, and then cull all the crap I don't need (because it's never about want lol). I feel that I'm prepared for these sort of culling shenanigans from last time, but it's still difficult and almost heartbreaking for some things. I have so many clothes that I love and want to keep, but really not enough room or baggage allowance (20kg! PAH!). It's rotten.

Our furniture, etc is ready to be picked up. Bjorn has contacted St. Vincents for collection, and hopefully they'll be able to come around sometime this week to get all our crap :) Minus all the stuff Karina and Josh shall be scoring :)

On Saturday Bjorn and I finally got our shit together and went to the Aquarium. Yes, finally after nearly a year of "We really must go to the Aquarium.." or plans of going then something else cropping up. We finally did it, and I must say, it rocked.

I can now completely understand the membership thing, and the going several times and never getting sick of it. In fact if we were in Vancouver any longer, I would so join up. It's completely awesome. I must have taken several thousand pictures of the adorable sea otters - they are SO CUTE!

And the beluga whales - awwwwwwwee!!

We had planed on arriving earlier to avoid the hordes, but my hair had another idea and we ended up arriving ten minutes late for the show (the Beluga show) we wanted to see. This wouldn't and didn't matter since we spent about 5 hours there, and caught pretty much every show they had on that day (this included the otter feeding, the birds of prey, and the evilly cute dolphin show).

If you haven't guessed it already, the pictures that are on display in this blog entry are from the Aquarium, and yes, I am aware that they are the same as everybody else who has been there. What else is there to take pictures of?

Oh, and if you haven't been to the Vancouver Aquarium, and you're planning to (as you should be if you're visiting/living in Vancouver) buy your tickets from the man with the motorbike by the Stanley Park info centre, right at Avison. You get a discount and bypass the queue!

I find I am always complaining about the weather these days, and whilst I love complaining, I really do hate complaining about the weather. I mean it just seems so redundant when the weather is either wet and cold, or just cold, or too hot or just 'not right' lol. I mean what's the point in complaining about it? It never changes!

Of course, this will not stop me from a) complaining about other things that one cannot change or b) complaining about the weather.

I mean, just look at this rain!:



Lolz.