Before you start thinking I'm back in action, I'm not. I've been meaning to blog now for the past month, but with only a slow connection at the library, which I generally only get for an hour at a time, I've somehow managed to find other (and perhaps better) things to do with my time.
But I've been nagged, and I've felt guilty, so here I am wasting my precious internet time on filling you all in on what's been going on in the past month or so..which I hate to say it, hasn't been much. Everybody is well and holiday mode has definitely kicked in. We're off to Sardinia in a couple of weeks for a little while, which means a trip down to London (w00t!) for a couple of days before we fly out of Luton. After that little jaunt we'll be back for more Liverpudlian festivities before we finally fly out and back to NZ (who hasn't guessed their date yet?).
We recently partook in the glorious experience of mud + music + drunk people = music festival. That being the V Fest, where we caught Manic Street Preachers, Foo Fighters, Snow Patrol, The Proclaimers, Lily Allen, Kanye West and the likes. We also got rained out and very muddy, experienced poppers and the joys of festival food. I must say, it was fun, but I won't be doing it again anytime soon lol.
Bjorn's birthday has recently just past (the 28th), which went down without any hitches. Belinda & Larry spoilt him by booking a night for us in the Malmaison Hotel. It was amazing and glorious. The night of his birthday we all venture out to see Liverpool kick Toulouse' ass in football at Anfield, which was heaps of fun and certainly something anybody over this side of the world should experience. Large crowds of seemingly scary football fans = intense.
Not much else has really been happening, the time has really just flown by, and not necessarily because we've been busy, but just because that's what it does when you've got nothing better to do. Belinda & Larry have moved into a new flat. It's very pretty :)
Thinking back on Vancouver these days just seems like it was all a dream and we never really lived there. I occasionally miss work and I always miss my old buddies (work and otherwise). I even miss the incredibly hot weather ya'll were having when we were leaving, the weather over this side of the planet has been absolute shite (rain, wind and cold). I'm looking forward to getting home and having a hopefully decent summer, which will include a family Christmas and BBQ's galore.
And speaking of home, there are two major upcoming events I'm looking forward to; 1. The birth of a new family member (my sister is pregnant!) and 2. My brothers wedding (I love weddings!). Of course there are plenty of other things, like just being around everybody, and house hunting and getting kitties and housey-stuff that we can finally keep.
So all I can say is; life is good, how is everybody else doing?