2007 in Review - Survey

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Took a chance and succeeded - Go me! Oh and went sea kayaking, ate pizza by the slice, drunk far too many coke Slurpee's, and fell in love with A&W!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions, I never get around to it. I guess I should make a resolution for this year, to make resolutions next year?

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not 2007, but will 2008! Yay!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My aunt Nellie died, that was sad.

5. What countries did you visit?
Canada, United Kingdom, France, Sardinia, USA

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Better health, better budgeting skills and more family time.

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory?
Faaar too many!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Golly, saving money, culling my stuff, moving again. Being open to new opportunities, meeting new people, believing in myself.

9. What was your biggest failure?
My lack of travel around Canada & USA - D'oh!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got sick a few times, head butted a tiled wall, that was about it?

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Ooh, tough one.. Maybe my $2.50 red coat? Or my black jeans..Agrh!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Bjorn and his unwavering support for me.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mostly customers and clients that thought the world revolved around them, co-workers that back-stabbed.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Probably clothing and beer.

15. What did you get excited about?
I'm a very excitable person, there would be too many to name..

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
You dropped a bomb on me - The Gap Band

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier, I think? Though there are some things I'd like to change.
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner, I think?
c) richer or poorer? Poorer!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Focus.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worried about what other people thought and just gotten on with it.

20. Did you fall in love in 2007?
I was already in love.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Family Guy

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Not that I know of?

26. What was the best book you read?
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I discovered that I love Snow Patrol, although I already kind of liked them, so I guess it doesn't count..

28. What did you want and get?

Lasting friendship, my lovely handbag, kittens and family.

29. What did you want and not get?
One of those sweet bears from the make a bear place, damnit!

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Borat!

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

It rained, we stayed in and watched DVDs, ate cake and KFC.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A kitty.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Ever changing.


33. What kept you sane?

Bjorn. Lisa when my job got me down.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Paaaasss

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
What?! No Coffee?! What is this!?! lol That's as political as I get, and all you Vancouverites will know what I'm talking about!

36. Who did you miss?

My family and friends in NZ. And then my friends in Vancouver, and then my sister in the UK.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Only one?! Dahna, Lisa, Karina, Sarah I can't name them all!!

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
You must chill.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Shut your eyes and think of somewhere
Somewhere cold and caked in snow
By the fire we break the quiet
Learn to wear each other well"


Tag: Karina, Dahna, Sarah & Chrissie!