Birthday Eggs

My first thought on the bus this morning was "Thank god it's Wednesday, only two days until Friday." Is that bad, after I've just come back from a five day weekend? lol.

I don't hate my work, honestly.

The weekend was fantastic, and Jesus didn't ruin my birthday after all. My birthday was awesome and fun and I still felt that excitement you get in the morning, when you can't sleep, knowing that the day ahead is a special one (the same feeling you get on Christmas day). Bjorn and I had breakfast at Dennys (did you know those bastards don't do the free birthday meal anymore? How rude!), and picked up the Wii & games we'd hire for the day.

Let's just say, I want a Wii. So.Much.Fun. Monkey Ball Banana Blitz!

We had visitors all day, and I got a bunch of totally sweet presents - a white with blue striped pimp-like brunch coat, an awesome ice blue hooded polar fleece jacket from Kathmandu, Bodyshop coconut body scrub & body cream, a huge Color Institute make-up kit, a beading kit with book, a necklace hanger with mini mirror, socks, earrings, awesome cat highlighters, eyeshadows, pasta plates, Joico heat spray for my hair, two very neat tops from Jeans West, money (which I used to buy some sweet DC sneakers) and I'm sure there was more..

I even got a sweet & massive Hello Kitty mug from Chrissie for Easter. 'Tis very cool.

And the fooooood! I got delicious homemade cake, and cupcakes, and chicken pie.

As for turning 24, do I feel any different? Pfft, no. But it still feels good to be an even number :)

The Casino for breakfast on Saturday was one huge disappointment. We had booked for 10, but brought 1 more along, expecting it would be fine to just grab another chair and shove her on the end. Turns out, the hostess wasn't too pleased, and kept telling us they were overbooked and blah blah blah, and how crowded the table was going to be with that extra person. Please bitch! We don't care! We just wanted an extra chair, not an extra table! Gosh!

We got the chair, and did we die? No! So shut the fuck up! And fuck you anyway, the whole time we were there, there were empty tables all around us that you could've offered. There were even some 6 ppl tables with only 3 fucken people at them, meaning you'd miss out on the 3 lost people, yet you didn't bitch at them did you? You bitched at us for giving you an extra paying customer! GAJKHS!

And then the food. The food was AWFUL. They didn't have enough of it, and what they did have was slimy and cold. It was absolutely disgusting. I'm going to be thinking twice next time I think of going to the Casino. Yuck.

After breakfast, Bjorn and I went out shoe shopping which turned out to be a success, with us getting two pairs of shoes each. I love shooooes!

And of course, if you've read the previous entry, you'd know that we found Aubrey, even though we didn't get her until Monday.

Sunday & Monday were pretty uneventful, except of course for Aubrey becoming a new member of our family on the Monday morning.

Yesterday we had to take Jemima to the vet because she hadn't been herself, and found out the poor bubba has some sort of bug. She's on antibiotics now, and seems to be getting better.

And here we are, up to Wednesday, which was pay day, and so I'm rich again, and plan on celebrating by not spending any money - lets see how that goes..