To the Cleaners

Our work cleaning lady comes in the mornings, rather than at night when everybody is gone. I'm not sure why they decided this was better, it must be kind of annoying for the cleaners to have to work around everybody else. And it's not very pleasant to those that work in the office, with the lux brring away in the background when you're trying to talk to someone on the phone, or the smell of the cleaner they use to wipe down the desks. It's nice..naaaaaaaot.

What boggles me the most is, the cleaning lady comes in, and cleans the desk behind me (even though it's never messy because nobody ever sits at it?) and looks at my screen. I know she's looking at my screen because 1) I'm paranoid and know to check and 2) I can see her reflection in the window between the cubicles.

That's right cleaning lady, I can seeeeeeeee you looking at my screen. You weren't just glancing either, you were giving it a good old staring.

But surprisingly, it doesn't bother me so much, I just find it amusing that you're looking at my screen, and I'm looking at you, looking at my screen.

What does bother me though, is you wiping the corners and sides of my desk. That's just weird. I'm not going to use them, and they weren't dirty (because you wiped them down the day before), so why are you wiping them? I know you want to have a go at my desk, I can tell by the way you hover when you wipe the corners, but quite frankly, my desk isn't messy enough to warrant a wipe down.

And besides, I don't like the smell of the detergent crap you use, it gets stuck in my throat and makes me gag a little. But you won't stop, you'll do this everyday, wiping down the fucken corners of my desk again,