The Art of Being Unreasonable

I take the bus to work, and for the past couple of mornings I've taken the slightly earlier bus, so I have time to grab a quick coffee in the morning (I have yet to find the quintessential cup of coffee in my part of the work-woods, but that's another story). And for the past couple of mornings, I have been annoyed.

You see, I am not a very good sport when it comes to taking public transport. Unfortunately, I don't think I can blame that entirely on living in London, where you have to be a right bastard to get on and off the tube/bus/sidewalk/bar stool/high horse. I am just a mean bus rider.

Now wait, before you jump the gun, thinking I'm a total bitch, I don't outright insult people, or scream at them, or any of that business. I'm not one of these people that refuse to let people sit next to me, or play crappy loud music - anybody that wants to listen to Toxic by Britney Spears, on repeat for an 45 minute bus ride, is a total fucken wanker. My bitchiness is reserved, I get poopy, might just glare at you and pull angry faces. That's the wrath of my bus disgust.

The kind of things that really seem to bug me are people sitting in my preferred seat (I know, totally unreasonable lol), people sitting next to me when there are perfectly good empty seats elsewhere and closer (unreasonable again), people that fuck around getting on the bus, and people that are rude/loud and generally obnoxious.

Oh and of course the kind of people that smack you (or anybody else for that matter) with their large ass bags when they're walking down the aisle. I think that's totally unacceptable (unassessable, Super Nanny style). Just take your fucken bag off, asshole!

The seat thing (sitting in) bugs me because I really like that seat. I don't have anybody sitting behind me, and it's at the perfect spot where I most likely won't have someone sitting next to me, unless the bus is crowded. As for the sitting next to, well that boils down to the personal space thing. I've had people sit so close to me, they're almost sitting on my leg that is closest to them. I don't even like their leg touching mine!

And from all this, I'm sure you can imagine the fun I had in London, where I had my foot trodden on on a daily basis, my hair pulled on numerous occasions, sneezed on more often than I'd like to remember, been pushed on and off the train, had my face squashed up against the door or window, had my head rammed into a pole either due to someone falling into me or the brakes being slammed on, all these among many other very unpleasant human interactions.

Public transport is nothing like that in Christchurch, thank god, but the last couple of days. Wow.

Yesterday I sat next to a girl that was in an obvious hurry to get into the city. She kept tapping her foot, sighing, tsking, moaning, rustling around in her bags, checking her watch, rolling her eyes, shaking her head lol. I mean, she took the cake, and it bugged the hell out of me! I mean, fuck the what lady! It's not going to make the bus go any faster. I know the feeling of being late (the bus wasn't late btw), and its crap, but suck it up bitch, you can't do shit.

So this morning, when I saw her coming toward me, and sitting beside me in another set of chairs, I wasn't pleased. Yep folks, she did exactly the same thing this morning, which leaves me thinking two things.

1. Take an earlier bus, you fucken mongol.
2. I am so taking the later bus from now on, the coffee just ain't worth it.