The evil beast is alive, and seriously kicking. I have tried the usual routine of feeding, drowning, drugging (altho, no punching as of yet), but to no avail. It's out to get me, and get me it is.
As painful as this currently is, I do consider myself lucky. I generally only get the hurts for the first couple of days, then every day after that I'm just tired and hungry. I can't imagine how others face it, when they have to go through days of excruciating pain.
All in all, I am pretty fortunate, but is that going to stop me from complaining? Oh no. Oh no indeedy. I am hurt! You will listen! I mean, read!
I've been looking up remedies online, but haven't really found anything useful - no caffeine (pfft, whatever bitch. My body will go into meltdown if that were to happen), cut back on food (WHAT? Whose side are you on, motherfucker?), light exercise (you're lucky if I even get out of bed), blah blah blah.
So what are your remedies for taming the beast?