Now if you were to talk to Sasha, she would pfft, huh! and laugh about this obsession, considering that way back when she was a nail polish maniac, I hated it. She would paint my nails, and I would chew the polish off.
Yes, chew, really lol.
It felt heavy on my nails, and I just plain didn't like it. I was far too impatient to sit still to have them painted, then wait around for them to dry. I would always end up smudging them on something, getting pissed off, then chewing the polish off lol.
That does make me wonder how much nail polish I ate..
But anyway, it seems in the past 3-4 years, I've toyed with the nail polish idea. I found that my nails looked nice and it actually stopped me from chewing my nails. Besides, I love to accessorise, and having painted nails to a major accessory.
And then it happened, almost over night I went from "toying with the idea" to being "completely obsessed with the idea" and am now a proud owner of eight OPI nail polishes, which in my nail polish obsessed frenzy I believe are prime real estate and excellent investments at $13.50.
Which I don't believe to be too bad for actual OPI, tho it does mean I have spent over $100 on nail polish alone. Something I probably shouldn't admit on my blog, because now I'm going to be totally busted and not be allowed to buy anymore lol.
Just you stop me!
Now my obsession isn't with just any nail polish, it's with OPI. I fucken love this shit. It's smooth, doesn't run, dries fast, doesn't stain your nails, and most importantly, the colours are the fucken bomb. I could sing it's praises all day long, and at the end of the day, still be madly in love with it.
This is the colour I'm rocking today:

Teal The Cows Come Home
Love it! Even the happy camel in the background loves it.
Info: I get all my sweet OPI polish from Trade Me, from a very lovely girl under the name of gorgeous_nails. She also has a website that you can buy the polish from - Beyond Beauty. I highly recommend if you're in NZ. Her selection is awesome, her prices are awesome, and her service is super duper fast.
I am currently the proud owner of the following colours:
♦ My Private Jet
♦ Yoga-ta Get This Blue!
♦ Golden Rules
♦ Ink
♦ Teal The Cows Come Home (see pic above)
♦ Fireflies
My other two polishes are base and top coats.
The ones on my wishlist are:
♦ Sonic Bloom
♦ Greenwich Village
♦ Just Groovy
♦ Strawberry Fields
♦ Tangerine Scene
♦ Significant Other Color
♦ Bright Lights, Big Color
++++++++++++++++++++++!!!
If you love polish and don't have any OPI just because you think it's too expensive, I so say for you to just go for it. It's better than buying crappy polish that chips like crazy, and is never the colour it appears to be.
And no, I am not an OPI sales rep.