So there is goes, the offending tooth. You can just see the hole on the side that was causing me so much grief (I abstained from taking a picture of the hole itself, it's pretty gross).I have to say, you guys were right, it wasn't so bad after all and was over before I knew it. The lead up yesterday was worse than the extraction AND the current aftermath. I had conscious sedation and about 5 needles to numb my mouth (t'was being stubborn) and then rip, it was out, I had a wad of swab in my mouth and then was swept out the door.
Then before I knew it, I was at home, trying to eat KFC. Where the hell did the time go? lol.
Sweet drugs.
So yeah, I'm doing well. I took today off work to recover, which I'm thankful for because I'm feeling kind of sleepy. My mouth isn't really sore at all, infact the pain the tooth gave me was far worse than the pain I have now.
I'm rejoicing in the fact that I can now take in a deep breath, or yawn and not have a sharp stabbing pain in the left side of my mouth (and sometimes face). So yay dentist!
Now all I need so is rinse with warm salt water several times a day, and try to keep my tongue away from the gapping hole now occupying the space where the tooth with the gaping hole once lived.