Birth Control, Ho Chi Minh, Richard Nixon back again

Tomorrow is the 2008 General Elections for NZ, and I have absolutely no idea who I'm going to vote for, but I know it definitely won't be National. Boo National Boo.

I agree that NZ does need a change, but I don't think you're the change we need Mr. Key.

I don't believe that switching to National just because you're tired of Labour is a good enough excuse to vote for them. I want a change that I actually WANT, not one based on just the fact that it's something different. Your pathetic tax cuts are not a big enough incentive when I can see your sneaky ass getting rid of the government subsidy for medical appointments, selling Kiwibank and totally ruining Kiwisaver. In fact, I'd rather pay more tax if it meant that everybody could afford to go to the doctor when they needed to, if it meant we could keep our bank, if it meant we had adequate support for Kiwisaver.

I do lean more toward Labour, but I'm not a Labour supporter, and I don't agree with all their policies. How can you be 100% on one party? That just totally boggles my mind lol.

But although I don't fully support one party, I'm going to have to bite the bullet tomorrow and vote for one - which in the essence IS supporting one party. Gah.

I'm getting sick of hearing about "smear campaigns" from either side of the fence. Oh, so one untrustworthy person from one side of the fence has another equally untrustworthy person on tape making an ass of themselves, they release it to the press, and it's a smear campaign? Lets see NZ, what's more important, that it was taped by the untrustworthy opposition or that it was said? Wake up NZ! They are trying to get you to focus on that fact that it was TAPED. That is not what's important, what was said is. One more god damn person that goes on and on about "Oh it's just a smear campaign" needs a slap. It's all a fucken smear campaign!

People speak of the current state of NZ, but that's not necessarily what's important here. What's important here is what's next. What if we put someone in power who makes an even bigger fuck up? What if what we currently have is the best we can currently get without getting a large royal shafting? When we're faced with two devils, shouldn't it be better the devil you know? That's not to say that HC is the best candidate for the job either..

I guess I'll be making a "at-the-booth" decision, but who knows what or who it'll come down to.

Where's the NZ Barack when we need him?

I suppose when we look at the whole thing, the most important thing is to just vote. Vote National. Vote Labour. Vote Green. Vote Bill & Ben if you're really lost. but vote or STFU.

--------------------------------

Oh, and I've disabled comments on this post because quite frankly, I just want to rant and I don't really want to know your opinions (they'll just confuse me even more) or have political babble rammed down my throat :)