Thank fuck it's Friday. I don't think I could take another day of work, even though it's my first week back from my luxurious Christmas holiday.
Okay, luxurious may be a bit over the top since I didn't really do anything luxurious on holiday..
But anyway, Friday, thank Christ.
I'm currently totally and utterly addicted to the Twilight books. I saw the movie on Boxing Day, bought the first book, wasn't entirely impressed with it (the writing was atrocious and the descriptions were totally over the top), but I decided to give the series another chance (I fucken love Vampires) and got the second book.
And well, it was all over from then on. The second book was FAR superior to the first, and the third so far is also kicking some major ass.
It seems that a large percentage of the female population in Christchurch also is in love with this series, so it's been a bit of a challenge picking up the books. I actually threw a bit of a tantrum the other day because I couldn't find the third (but thankfully got it yesterday). I went on a ranting, swearing, bird-flipping rampage for about an hour, and actually had to have a nap to calm myself down. It only helped for a while, until I remembered that I didn't have the book, and I seriously need a fix lol.
But it's okay now, and I don't have to worry, because I now have all four books in my possession. Phew lol.
I do have to admit that it is rather a guilty pleasure though, since it really does seem to be catered for the teenage female variety. I would have totally lapped this crap up as a teenager, and am still quite surprised that well, I still totally lap this crap up!
I thought I got over that crazy, love drama shit when I turned 18, but it that seems to not be the case. I am an emo romantic lol.
The last time I was this absorbed with a book was Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke, and if anybody has read that book, they'd know the deep contrast between the two lol.
Of course, it doesn't help that 1) I love Vampires. They are my very favourite (unfortunately) mythical creature and 2) Robert Pattinson in the character of Edward is totally.fucken.hot. lol
Sweet sweet Robert Pattinson.
I guess I better shut up about those books tho, seeing as if I go any further, I'm most likely to be here for days, rambling on about it. If you're at all interested in reading the books, I would highly suggest bypassing the first, and just watching the movie. There are only a couple of things that the movie doesn't touch on, but they're very small, unimportant things.
And besides, by watching the movie, you get to see sweet sweet Robert Pattinson.
*ahem*
I guess I should state that he's only sweet-sweet because he plays an over-the-top-romantic-gentlemanly vampire. I've watched a couple of interviews with him, and he seems like a bit of a dork lol. So maybe I should be saying "sweet sweet Edward Cullen"? lol.
I think I must have something for guys with bushy brows and floppy hair - thankfully, Bjorn has both lol.
Is it wrong to have the hots for a fictional character?
Meh. Who knows, and who cares, right? :)