A new year

This getting back into work thing is turning out to be harder than I expected. I came back to work yesterday, only to find that all of our servers were down, and pretty much the only thing we could do was surf the web. I'm not complaining, and it sure is a nice way to ease yourself back into the swing of things, but it did seem a little pointless, being at work, when I could have been at home, in bed. Stupid work.

Today is a bit more productive, but only a bit. I've spent most of the morning changing my blog layout (I figured the 6th also included the taking down of the Christmas template), to this new styley one. I hope this one lasts a bit longer than all the rest, but who can tell really.

My holidays were fantastic tho, the first few days dragging on really nicely, what with Christmas adventures and Boxing day specials. Then the remaining week before work went insanely fast, making me depressed for probably the last four days of it. I finally succumbed to the realisation that yes, I would indeed have to go back to work, late on the Sunday night.

And now here I am, back at work, mildly depressed that I have to wait for a very long time before I get another set of decent holidays. Damnit.

Not only that, but also the ever looming date of which we get a new manager (20th Jan), then there's the 2010 planning from May to September, which I have no idea how to do, and makes my heart flutter in a very bad way *sighs*. There's also the mass of savings I have to accumulate, and my new found lease on life that insists I change all my bad habits to good ones.

So whilst I believe that 2009 is going to be a fantastic year for change, for happiness, for big adventures, I also believe it's going to be a very difficult year, with learning new things, and really putting myself out there. I have to chair training seminars! Me? Little old me? *slaps forehead*

Oh the fun times ahead..